Calm in southern Libya after clashes
Tripoli - Relative calm has been restored in southern Libya after clashes erupted between two tribes, killing around 15 people, state-run media reported on Tuesday.
Abdel Maguid Saif al-Nasr, member of the ruling National Transitional Council (NTC), told the Libyan News Agency that government troops were able to restore calm in the city of Sabha after clashes erupted on Monday following the death of a government employee, who was kidnapped in a robbery.
The security chief in the city, Mohamed Abu Saif, said that a delegation of tribal leaders in the area is working on solving the dispute between the two groups.
The ruling NTC has been unable to assert control over hundreds of militiamen who helped bring down Muammar Gaddafi's regime last year.
Gaddafi, who ruled the North African country for 42 years, was captured and killed in his hometown Sirte in October, after a violent eight-month conflict with his opponents.