Lohan back in Gotti movie

2011-04-21 07:43

Los Angeles – Lindsay Lohan is back in a proposed film about the Gotti crime family after she personally persuaded its reluctant producer to give her a shot, he said yesterday.

The actress, whose promising career has been derailed by drug and criminal problems, had been in negotiations for a role in Gotti: Three Generations, starring John Travolta as mob boss John Gotti Sr. She even showed up at a news conference announcing the project last week.

But producer Marc Fiore said earlier yesterday that he had broken off talks because of demands made by Lohan’s management team, and planned to meet with other actresses.

Hours later, he appeared to have been swayed by the Mean Girls actress herself.

“We had a little rocky road today, but Lindsay definitely revived the situation,” Fiore told Reuters, adding that Lohan called him personally to plead her case.

Lohan will play Kim Gotti, the wife of Gotti’s namesake son, Fiore said. Previous media reports said she was in line to play his daughter, Victoria. Fiore said the Kim role was bigger since the movie is about the father-son relationship.

Fiore has the cooperation of retired mobster John Gotti Jr, whose character has yet to be cast. His father, the so-called “Teflon Don”, died of cancer in 2002 while serving a life term for murder, racketeering, extortion and tax evasion.

Fiore said he hoped to announce a new director next week. Nick Cassavetes, who was originally attached, exited the project earlier this week because of a scheduling conflict.

Shooting is expected to start in October. Fiore said the budget for the self-financed film was $70 million to $80 million (about R475 million to R540 million). He declined to specify the source of the funds.

New Jersey- and Los Angeles-based Fiore Films previously produced the 2008 DVD National Lampoon’s One, Two, Many, starring former Howard Stern radio sidekick “Stuttering” John Melendez.

Lohan (24) is scheduled to appear at a Los Angeles preliminary court hearing on Friday over a jewellery theft charge that will determine if she should stand trial. She could be sent to prison if eventually convicted.

The former child star has not headlined a movie since the widely ridiculed 2007 bomb I Know Who Killed Me.

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/Sport

Book flights

Compare, Book, Fly

Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.