Help needed after fire guts home

2008-10-26 00:00

A FAMILY of four are devastated after their five-roomed house in Shad Place, Eastwood, was gutted by fire on Friday afternoon.

The fire, which burnt everything in the house, was apparently caused by an electrical fault.

Joyce Trollip said she was awakened by the smell of smoke, and firefighters arrived as neighbours tried to put out the fire. The damage is estimated to be over R50 000 and the family is in desperate need of food, clothes and a gas stove, as there is now no electricity.

Chairwoman of the Eastwood Community Policing Forum, Jenny Slinger, appealed to the municipality to arrange to fix the electricity, although it does not own the house, “and the money will be paid back to them little by little”.

People wanting to help the family may contact Joyce at 076 495 4667 or Jenny at 033 390 4700.

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News

Book flights

Compare, Book, Fly

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.