Keldoron wins coal rights in Amajuba

2008-08-12 00:00

The board of Miranda Minerals yesterday announced that its subsidiary, Keldoron Properties 22 (Pty) Limited, has been awarded a tender to prospect for and develop four coal-prospecting rights currently held by the Amajuba District Municipality (ADM) in KZN.

Miranda holds a 70% stake in Keldoron through its KZN-based subsidiary, Miranda Coal (Pty) Ltd, with the remaining 30% held by Miranda’s BEE partner, Nelesco (Pty) Limited.

In terms of the agreement, Miranda will provide the required financial and technical support to Keldoron, and Nelesco the necessary expertise for the socio-economic developmental aspects of the project.

Keldoron will start a full- scale drilling programme to confirm both the historical information and the coal qualities of the project.

The permits cover five farms of about 3 700 hectares in north-western KZN, near Dannhauser.

The municipality applied for and was granted four new order prospecting licences by the Department of Minerals and Energy (DME).

In June 2008, the ADM invited companies with the necessary skills and experience to develop these projects into mining operations to tender for the four prospects.

The ADM has undertaken to facilitate the Section 11 transfer of the prospecting rights to Keldoron with the DME.

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News

Book flights

Compare, Book, Fly

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.