ANC wants Hlaudi out

By Drum Digital
04 October 2016

The African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee (NEC) called on South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) board to review the decision to appoint Hlaudi Motsoeneng as Group Executive for Corporate Affairs

By Aphiwe Boyce

.

Following the NEC meeting held on from 30 September to 2 October, ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe addressed the media at Luthuli House, the party’s national head office on Monday.

Mantashe said the NEC extensively discussed the challenges at a number of state owned companies (SOCs).

“The NEC also agreed on the need for a Parliamentary inquiry into the board’s fitness to hold office,” he said.

Public Protector Thuli Madonsela’s report on Motsoeneng, which finally saw him removed as Chief Operations Officer of the SABC, before appealing and eventually lost the appeal, found he had lied about a matric qualification. As the head of corporate affairs he would remain in the upper echelons of management of the public broadcaster.

Motsoeneng was appointed as the general executive for corporate affairs last week, a move that shocked the country as it came shortly after he lost his appeal.

Motsoeneng also plans on reapplying for his old job of chief operations officer.

Find Love!

Men
Women