Brickz case postponed

By Drum Digital
18 September 2014

Brickz appeared calm after the hearing.

Johannesburg - Kwaito musician Sipho Charles Ndlovu, also known as Brickz, will have to wait until 20 October to hear whether the national director of public prosecutions (NDPP) will proceed with the rape case against him.

He was supposed to have heard in the Roodepoort Magistrate's Court on Thursday whether the NDPP would proceed with the case.

But Ndlovu's lawyer, Dumisani Mabunda, told the court: "We spoke to the chief prosecutor. She's going to escalate it to the NDPP."

The judge then postponed the case to 20 October 2014.

Case 'weak'

Ndlovu sat on a court bench with his head bowed and hands held behind his head while he waited to be called.

He appeared calm after his brief appearance.

During his last appearance in August, Mabunda told the court he had made representations to the NDPP on behalf of Ndlovu.

He said the case against his client was "weak and filled with holes".

Ndlovu is accused of raping a 17-year-old girl at his home in Honeydew, Johannesburg, in March last year.

The rape was reported in October.

After an unsuccessful bail application in the magistrate's court, Ndlovu's lawyers went to the high court where they secured bail of R50 000 in December.

During bail proceedings, Ndlovu's lawyer at the time indicated that his client intended pleading not guilty.

- SAPA

Find Love!

Men
Women