DA condemns Kabul attack

By Drum Digital
18 September 2012

The DA has condemned the suicide bomb attack that killed eight South Africans in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Tuesday morning.

"We strongly condemn this terrorist attack and the violent protests that have preceded it," Democratic Alliance international relations spokesman Ian Davidson said in a statement.

"The perpetrators of such hateful crimes have no regard for the sanctity of human life -- either their own, or that of the innocent victims they take with them."

South Africa's international relations department said on Tuesday it had received the names of the eight South Africans killed.

"We have received the names of the deceased and are working on establishing contact with families and next-of-kin," said spokesman Nelson Kgwete.

"They worked for a private aviation company operating in the country."

Davidson extended his party's sympathies to the families and friends of those killed.

He called on International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane to condemn the violence and use every platform available to advocate the strengthening of democratic institutions in Afghanistan.

The SA High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan, was informed on Tuesday morning that eight South Africans had been killed in the attack.

Kgwete said the department expressed its condolences to the friends and families of the deceased, and said the families would be given assistance.

Find Love!

Men
Women