DA’s march on ANC called off?

By Drum Digital
04 February 2014

Hundreds of ANC supporters who had gathered outside Luthuli House to meet protesting DA marchers were left surprised.

Hundreds of ANC supporters who had gathered outside Luthuli House to meet protesting DA marchers were left surprised when they saw that the DA’s march had been called off.

People began gathering at 07:00 in Sauer Street outside Luthuli House chanting struggle songs,The Star reported on Tuesday.

The party’s Gauteng provincial secretary David Makhura said they “wanted to welcome the DA and educate them about our policies” but were not told that the DA march had been called off.

He assured that there would not be violence.

Makhura was joined by other ANC leaders such as Jessie Duarte and Gwede Mantashe.

Mantashe, the party’s secretary general, said that the “reality” is that the “DA is honest”.

Mantashe urged supporters to “go out there, and tell the people what we are committing to”.

The SACP had called on its members and supporters to turn out in their numbers at Luthuli House  to form a guard of honour.  “The SACP reiterates its condemnation of the incitement of violence. The uncaring grouping called the DA must take full responsibility and be held accountable for the consequences of "taking" their "fight to Luthuli House" ... said SACP in a media statement.

- SAPA and News24. (photo: ANCFeed)

Find Love!

Men
Women