Hostel rape: Four boys face school disciplinary action

By Drum Digital
10 March 2015

The disciplinary hearing of four high school boys accused of raping and assaulting another boy is expected to start this week.

The disciplinary hearing of four high school boys accused of raping and assaulting another boy is expected to start this week, the Northern Cape education department said on Tuesday.

"The case was initially scheduled for February 25 but was postponed to 12 and 13 March due to unavailability of legal reps," spokesman Sydney Stander said.

"We must all be patient and allow the SGB [school governing body] disciplinary tribunal to conclude its mandate of the process and report to the SGB, which will then take a decision and communicate their decision to the head of department."

Stander said there had been no contact between the four boys and the school, or the victim and the boys.

"We must allow the DC process to unfold because it is going to afford the four boys to reflect on what has happened and we will only know at the end of that process as to whether they are remorseful or not."

The boys, aged between 14 and 18, have been suspended since January 9 after they allegedly stripped a black pupil, painted him white and sodomised him with a broom handle at the Hoër Landbouskool in Jan Kempdorp.

They face criminal charges at the Jan Kempdorp Magistrate's Court. Proceedings in the matter will resume on April 9.

Source : Sapa

Find Love!

Men
Women