IFP murder case continues

By Drum Digital
08 August 2013

The trial of three men accused of killing IFP supporter Cebisile Shezi continues in the Durban Regional Court on Thursday.

National Freedom Party councillor Mgezeni "Bhungu" Gwala, his son Celimpilo "Mjabelelwa" Gwala and security guard Skhumbuzo Nxumalo are accused of killing Shezi on October 6 last year.

She was shot shortly after Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa addressed IFP supporters at a sports field in A-section KwaMashu, in an attempt to reduce tensions after the abduction and death of IFP councillor Themba Xulu.

On Thursday, Joyce Mzolo, who witnessed the shooting, told the court she feared for her life after giving testimony.

"As I am leaving court I know I am a dead person."

Pointing to the three men, Mzolo said: "These people here won't do it. They will send people to kill me. I am a mother of five children."

Magistrate Trevor Levitt ordered the police to ensure Mzolo's safety.

Sapa

Find Love!

Men
Women