iPhone explodes in teenagers pocket

By Drum Digital
07 February 2014

A 14-year-old girl was hospitalized after her smartphone caught fire in her back pocket.

An iPhone exploded inside a teenagers pocket.

The 14-year-old was treated for burns in hospital after her smart phone, an iPhone 5c, caught fire and set her clothing alight.

The girl - who was in her school classroom in Maine, in the north-eastern United States, at the time, "heard a pop" and saw smoke coming from her back pocket, immediately sending fellow students for help.

Principal Jeff Rodman told local reporters the girl struggled to remove her trousers and used a "stop, drop and roll" response to put out the flames.

According to Seacoast Online, paramedics treated the girl - who's injuries were described as "moderate" - at the school before transferring her to a nearby hospital.

Fire chief Andrew Palmeri has put the freak accident down to an "electrical short".

He said: "People should obviously use caution when placing their phones in their back pockets so as not to crush them and cause an electrical short."

-Bang Showbiz

Find Love!

Men
Women