Mans arm nearly severed in chainsaw attack

By Drum Digital
02 May 2012

A man was in hospital Wednesday after his arm was nearly severed by a chainsaw in a horrific neighbourhood dispute that saw the alleged offender's finger hacked off with a machete.

Police said they were called out to Minto in Sydney's southwest on Tuesday evening and were confronted by the grisly scene.

"Upon arrival, they located a 30-year-old man with his right arm partially severed," a police statement said.

"It's believed he had been attacked with a chainsaw during a violent altercation with a neighbour. The alleged offender, a 26-year-old man, lost a finger in the incident."

Inspector Dean Smith said the pair had argued earlier in the day.

"Any kind of incident that involves any kind of weapons, there's no justification for that kind of level of violence," he said.

The Sydney Daily Telegraph quoted the father of the chainsaw victim as saying the dispute was to do with loud music and reckless driving in the street.

It is alleged that when the man approached his neighbour to sort out their differences, he was attacked with the chainsaw.

The mother of the man who lost his finger told the newspaper the man who approached her son was armed with "machetes and bats" and her son acted in self-defence.

Find Love!

Men
Women