MaNtuli breaks her silence on poison claims

By Drum Digital
17 August 2015

President Jacob Zuma was not the one who told MaNtuli to leave the Nkandla homestead, according to a report on Sunday.

President Jacob Zuma was not the one who told MaNtuli to leave the Nkandla homestead, according to a report on Sunday.

State Security Minister David Mahlobo asked his estranged wife, Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, to move out with her three children.

“The minister’s reason for instructing Ms Ntuli-Zuma to leave, was because there was an alleged ‘sensitive matter' that needed to be investigated,” Ntuli-Zuma’s lawyer Ulrich Roux told the Sunday Times.

“She was not allowed to be present during the said investigation."

Reports emerged of a poison plot allegedly involving Ntuli-Zuma after Zuma fell ill in June last year.

During a trip to the US two months later he learnt he had been poisoned.

This weekend, Ntuli-Zuma replied to questions issued by the Sunday Times newspaper through Roux. She was ordered to leave the homestead in February this year.

“Her husband, Mr Jacob Zuma, did not [personally] instruct her to leave the homestead.”

He said Ntuli-Zuma had offered her “full co-operation pertaining to the alleged investigation into this matter”.

Earlier this month, City Press and News24 reported that Ntuli-Zuma and various accomplices were on the radar of authorities.

Soon afterwards, Roux issued a statement on behalf of Ntuli-Zuma in which he said she had denied involvement in, or knowledge of, any plot to poison her husband.

"Our client has not 'crumbled and confessed' to having any knowledge of any plot to poison her husband," Roux was quoted as saying in a News24 article at the time.

Source: News24

Find Love!

Men
Women