Pistorius hospital report unconfirmed

By Drum Digital
18 April 2016

Oscar Pistorius’ health has been placed in question on the eve of what is expected to be a brief appearance in the High Court in Pretoria on Monday.

Pistorius, who shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, was due before court to postpone his sentencing hearing to between June 13 and June 17.

On Monday morning, SABC News reporter Chriselda Lewis tweeted that Pistorius was taken to hospital at the weekend.

Pistorius family spokesperson Anneliese Burgess said while she had received several requests for information, she too was in the dark.

"I have asked the family for more information but at the moment I know nothing about him being in hospital. I am sure that getting back to me is not a priority at the moment for them [the Pistorius family],” she said.

Department of Correctional Services spokesperson Manelisi Wolela could not be reached for comment.

The Constitutional Court previously dismissed Pistorius's application for leave to appeal his conviction, and he now faces a minimum sentence of 15 years, unless he can provide substantial and compelling reasons to deviate from this prescribed sentence.

Pistorius served one-sixth of his five-year sentence in prison and was released in October to serve the remainder under correctional supervision.

Source: News24

Find Love!

Men
Women