Two killed in Cape Town fire

By Drum Digital
11 February 2013

Two Zimbabwean men burnt to death in a shack fire at the Llwandle informal settlement in Strand, the City of Cape Town said on Monday.

"The local authorities have notified their families in Cape Town and in Zimbabwe regarding their tragic death. The circumstances surrounding the occurrence are unclear," said spokesman Wilfred Solomons-Johannes.

He identified the men as Elliot Zuzu, 28, and David Chinyanga, 35.

Solomons-Johannes, said the 33 people were left homeless after a fire ripped through the settlement on Saturday.

There had been fires also at Bishop Lavis and Parkwood. No injuries were reported.

He said the disaster response teams assisted 60 people displaced by the fire with food parcels, blankets, baby packs, clothing and building material.

-Sapa

Find Love!

Men
Women