CAPE TOWN Sunny. Mild.

MIN15
MAX22
7 day
  • Friday 14-23°c Sunny. Mild. Sunny. Mild.
    Saturday 14-24°c Sunny. Mild. Sunny. Mild.
    Sunday 15-26°c Sunny. Warm. Sunny. Warm.
    Monday 18-26°c More sun than clouds. Warm. More sun than clouds. Warm.
    Tuesday 16-21°c Sunny. Mild. Sunny. Mild.
    Wednesday 12-16°c More sun than clouds. Cool. More sun than clouds. Cool.
More MyNews24

Monkey see, monkey do!

2014-04-24 07:57
David Jacobs Comments: 2 Article views: 648
All hail the king, or president, or God, depending on how Mr Zuma currently views himself. I wish to address the said Mr Zuma on a certain topic of UBUNTU, which is something that I think he has forgotten about.

Today I thought about the fact that I am an African, a white one, but still an African. I was born and raised in this country, also experienced apartheid a bit and the birth of democracy. I was excited with the majority of people when we stood together and started to dream together of a South Africa full of potential. And now, I am even more excited. 

You see, Mr Zuma may have forgotten the following very simple fact. When one communicates, only 7% of the meaning of your message is carried over in the words one chooses to use. Fantastic, which means that the other 93% is carried over by your body language and tone of voice. Body language indirectly translates into actions for me. Which means that, as a citizen, I may surely look up to my president and view his actions as the sociably acceptable behavior standard to follow.

With that in mind, and seeing that the ANC preeches UBUNTU everywhere, but practises individualism instead, I will be knocking on Mr Zuma's door firstly to obtain some money for some unexpected upgrades that MUST be done to my home. Also then, I will be joining him at Nkandla, which obviously is "our" home (UBUNTU), as we stand together, we share together and we grow together. Somehow I dont think that I will receive a fabulous welcome.

With my tongue firmly stuck into my cheek, I truly hope that young South Africans find a leader (not a Hippocrate - fattening himself on lies) that they can look up to. I truly hope that we can find it in ourselves to remove the blinkers and to realize that we owe ourselves a good governing body where the people are properly cared for, money is spent on the necessary (education and economic growth) and that we can stand together and give ourselves what we deserve. With this, I also believe that individuals that do not work / contribute to the economy have no say in an election, along with prisoners. 

Okay, that feels a bit better.

** Have a picture of political parties' posters? Send it to us by clicking here!
Read more on: politics  |  elections 2014

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.
More In This Category
Mandela's Legacy Disgraced: From Freedom to Farce

Rest now Madiba, for at her call you did not falter – your dream abated through the hands of those your struggles freed.

EFF Joined the Election Poker Table with Spades, and Now Hold Some Aces.

For now, sadly there will be 5 more years of Zuma and his insufferable greed.

Bornfrees: why a generation is rejecting democracy

Forgive me for the misleading title. Only about two thirds of the freeborn generation rejected democracy and let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and say most were either apathetic or maybe ill

Your 2014 Election Summary

Smaller parties, notably, took a beating. AGANG never made it to the start and COPE became a footnote. The IFP's support was halved, a prime reason being the NFP (IFP rebels), entering the KZN political arena.

Comments
Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
2 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
News24 |  OLX  |  PriceCheck  |  Property24  |  Kalahari.com  |  Careers24