Cape Town - President Jacob Zuma
will respond on Wednesday to a damning report about R246m worth of taxpayer-funded upgrades to his private home, a key advisor said.
Facing a deadline to comment on Public Protector Thuli Madonsela's review - which found the renovations unlawful - Zuma is expected to table the report and his response to Parliament.
"I expect this submission will be made today [Wednesday]," presidential spokesperson Mac Maharaj told AFP.
Zuma's written response will be sent to National Assembly Speaker Max Sisulu later on Wednesday, according to reports.
With just weeks to go before elections, the scathing document has prompted fury among voters and the ruling ANC, which has criticised Madonsela's report and its timing.
Madonsela said the multi-million-rand works - which include a helipad, a swimming pool and a chicken coop - was excessive and ordered the president to repay some of the costs.
He had 14 days to respond officially after the report's publication on 19 March.
But Zuma, 71, whose popularity is flagging ahead of general polls on 7 May, earlier this week shifted blame for the overspending to government officials.
"They did this without telling me," he told local private television channel ANN7. "So why should I pay for something I did not ask for."
NEW! Explore previous National and Provincial election results with our interactive Results Maps by clicking here.