Voting in the 2016 elections is as easy as ABC. It's really that simple.
All you need is:
- To be at least 18 years old on election day;
- To have a South African ID - either a green, bar-coded ID book; a smartcard ID; or a valid Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC). Click here to get one if you don't have an ID book);
- To be registered to vote (find out how to register here, or SMS your ID number to 32810 to check if you're registered);
- To go along to the voting station on election day (to find out where your local voting station is, click here).
- To make your mark in the box next to the party of your choice on the ballot paper.