Follow us on:

2-year-old electrocuted to death in Lenasia

By Faeza
24 November 2016

A 2-year-old boy has died after being electrocuted in a residential yard in Lenasia, south of Johannesburg on Wednesday, paramedics said.

When paramedics arrived they had found a local government ambulance team performing CPR on the child, ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said.

Meiring said the toddler was found lying in the yard of the residence in Extension 17, Precast Settlement.

ER24 paramedics assisted with the CPR and provided the patient with advanced life support intervention.

"After 30 minutes of CPR no vital signs returned and he was pronounced dead on the scene," Meiring said.

It was believed that the child was playing with exposed wires when he was electrocuted.

Local authorities were on the scene for further investigation.

Source: News24