Follow us on:

Boy, 2, electrocuted in Gauteng

By admin
10 October 2013

Pretoria - A 2-year-old boy from Mamelodi, east of Pretoria, has been electrocuted while playing with friends outside his family home, police said on Thursday.

"The 2-year-old boy was playing outside on Wednesday when he touched the live electrical cord," said Warrant Officer Mike Mbewe.

Mogau Naka was killed by illegally connected electrical cables passing outside the gate of his family home in Phase Three of Mamelodi.

He was taken to the Stanza Bopape Clinic, but was declared dead on arrival.

Mbewe said an inquest docket had been opened.

News24.com