Follow us on:

Boy, 4, dies in Kliptown fire

By admin
02 October 2013

Johannesburg - A 4-year-old Soweto boy died in a shack fire in Kliptown, Johannesburg emergency service said on Wednesday.

Spokesperson Robert Mulaudzi said the fire that started at around 23:00 on Tuesday night destroyed six shacks.

"Two other people who were treated on scene for smoke inhalation and were later transported to hospital for further medical care," he said in a statement.

"About 22 people were left displaced by the fire."

He said disaster management officials were on the scene to assist with the facilitation of relief processes.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an unattended candle light, he said.

News24.com