Follow us on:

SA woman believed dead in Kenya attack

By admin
25 September 2013

A South African woman who is missing in Kenya is presumed dead, The Star reported on Wednesday.

The SA High Commission in Nairobi said she was suspected to have been in the Westgate Mall when it was attacked by Islamist militants at the weekend.

High Commissioner Super Moloi said the woman had not contacted her family since the attack.

With the mall seemingly cleared of hostages on Tuesday, Moloi told The Star his team had been forced to abandon the hope that she was still alive, and start searching the mortuaries for her body.

The woman's name could not be released without the permission of her family.

They were also searching for any other South Africans who might have been killed in the attack.

So far, one South African man, James Thomas, 57, was killed in the attack.

News24.com