This is for all middle class South Africans who think the “good doctor” Mamphele Ramphele is a new glimmer of hope for South African politics.
10 Reasons Why Agang Will Fail Like COPE, UDM, DA and IFP.
1. Mamphele is colour blind and speaks of the” human race.” SA politics is race based you cannot ignore race. Mamphele has taken the middle ground.
2. Mamphele is a darling of the media, she has become an overnight celebrity on Talk Radio 702 and newspapers.
3. Mamphele went and got funding from Western colonial imperialists to start this “GANG”. As the old saying goes: “He who pays the piper calls the tune.”
4. Mamphele first speech was about bashing the ANC instead of bringing new solutions. “DA-style” She is in cohorts with Helen Zille. She is the black version of Helen.
5. Mamphele launched her party in smoky rooms with air conditioners somewhere in the USA and was given a mandate and an instruction there and not from ordinary South Africans.
6. Mamphele ignored the land issue and has made no pronouncement about it. You cannot begin to realign politics in SA unless you deal with the land issue that rests in white hands.
7. Mamphele’s first crusade is about political reform of a constituency based system which resonates with the disgruntled middle class. It is clear that she is an agent of western colonial imperialists. This is not top of the agenda for ordinary people out in the villages and townships.
8. Mamphele’s new political platform, Agang does not really challenge the ANC but would most likely take votes from the DA and COPE. Agang together with the DA and COPE are essentially fighting for the same voting pie – that of the dwindling urban middle class.
9. Mamphele’s campaign has been largely been on social networks like Twitter. In SA you cannot build a political machinery using a twitter account. You will fail dismally as only the “elite” will hear your message and not the voting masses.
10. Unfortunately for Mamphele, political parties that are built on personalities are doomed to failure. Examples of Chief Buthelezi’s Inkatha Freedom Party, Bantu Holomisa’s United Democratic Movement and Terror Lekota’s COPE are living proof.