So a while back I wrote an unfair article about Capetonians, painting them all with the same brush.
Le Article --> http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Sies-Cape-Town-20121028
Twas unfair of me and I repent of my wicked ways.
After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to share some things that I really enjoy while I am up.. er.. ...down there.
1) The mountain is nice. It's a really flat mountain but even cities with flat mountains have nice personalities. I prefer my mountains to be mountainous and stuff but a rocky hill with a view of the sea will have to do. So yeah I think its a very pretty hill and the rocks are very nice.
2) When you are on Blue berg strand (the one you can see the rocky hill from), you have a really nice view of Cape town. It's nice cos you can stand eating your soft serve and look at Cape town and Tablerockyhill across the water. Well, what I meant was, while the wind rips ice cream out of your cone and you wipe the sand from the corners of your mouth. Luckily there is a solution (which is awesome about Cape town):
You can stay in those apartments with the big windows above the place where you bought the icy and munch your soft serve safely. Much better!
It's like a big screen with a lekker windows desktop. Very nice view! Like a windows pc, but like, really there! Exactly like my big screen TV.
3) On the other side of the rocky hill there is a pozzy for really rich people. It's cool to go there because the houses are nice to look at and rich people don't need parking (cos their house is right there) so you get to look at that pretty house 50 times while you drive up and down looking for parking. Parking is for poor people, so don't feel bad, just aspire to greatness and let it inspire you to not need parking. Cos parking is for poor people.
I also like it at those beach side restaurants cos everybody knows that a R1000 glass of Fanta orange tastes much better than a 10 buck can. Rich people are awesome and they should feel awesome!
4) People are very friendly. They are awesome. Very friendly people. For examples of their awesomeness, just check out the comments on the link above. I felt very guilty for calling them non-awesome after I saw their friendly comments on that article.
That's why I wrote this one, cos I underestimated their awesomeness and shouldn't have. My bad Capetonians. My bad. :(
5) Capetonians are very easy to troll. As a dog who likes to troll from time to time (like now), I find that the Capies are really a fun nation! Even when they know they are being trolled they still take the bait so it's very entertaining. It's like rugby, they play even though they know they will lose. "It's not about winning or losing bru, it's about enjoying the game".
Games are definitely more fun when you lose. Capies have a point! I don't mean Cape point, I mean a valid point.
Um... No they don't. You need to score a point before you can have a point. (I mean that in the nicest possible way).
Don't let it discourage you, be inspired to aspire to have a point!
Can't wait to go again, I can already taste the sand in my soft serve!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.