In this article I’m only going to address two specific contributors on these forums, viz.
Sydney Albertus Daniel
You claim that your daughter drowned in 1985 and that you and a mate prayed over her and she was raised from the dead.
If what I have said above (albeit a shortened version) is true, then please answer the following questions:
1. Did you call paramedics when you discovered that your daughter had drowned?
2. If so, did they do CPR on her and for how long?
3. Why did you have her (supposedly) lifeless body taken to a trauma clinic?
4. Did any doctors whatsoever give her any assistance?
5. If so, why did they do this, especially if she was already dead?
6. Why are you and your mate not touring hospices and hospitals “raising the dead?”
7. You claim to have evidence of her lifeless state. 'Straight-line ECG, no heartbeat, no pulse', I believe is what you said. I tell you what; I’ll pay the courier fees to see this alleged evidence. Just tell me where to send the couriers (it can be a neutral place).
You further stated that, “A lady that lost one of her breasts through breast cancer, received a new breast after Pastor Maldonado's wife prayed a one sentence prayer for her in a shopping centre.”
I did as you suggested and was amused to discover that the wife goes by the title “Prophetess”. But try as I might, I couldn’t find any reference to this alleged incident.
8. Would you kindly supply the specific link to this “miracle”?
9. You have also confessed to owing SARS money, so should we assume that you are not a generally honest person?
You said, (September 11, 2013 at 13:43 ) “I have posted an article of people being raised from the dead, a woman receiving her site (sic) etc. etc. on this site, with you tube video evidence.”
1. That YouTube video showed no such thing as a woman getting her sight back. It was merely her anecdotal testimony of her receiving her sight, but there was no footage of any alleged miracle. Even then, I would remain skeptical because I would like more evidence than mere film footage. The evidence that I would like (for any matter of healing) are before, and after, medical doctor reports, x-rays, and such.
2. Please supply the reference again for the article you posted regarding people being raised from the dead.
You further said, “These ‘gentleman’ don't care for Jesus even if they witness the dead rising.... Now they want me to supply proof of amputees being healed... Which we know very well exists and yet they won't even lift a finger literally to search and find for themselves.”
3. No, we don’t know that proof of amputees being healed exists. Humor us and provide links that we may see these miracles for ourselves.
4. And no, I won’t lift a finger to find what I already know doesn’t exist. You made the extraordinary claims of witnessing the healing of amputees, and thus, the onus is on you to provide the proof of your claims.
5. You spout a lot of biblical verse in these forums, yet I doubt that you even read the entire bible even once. However, there is still hope for you. I was young, ignorant, and arrogant as a teenage xtian (I’m assuming that you are a teenager, unless you provide proof to the contrary) before I saw through all the BS that is xtianity. Yes, I was once too, convinced of the “truth” of the “word of god” until I read the bible cover to cover three times and saw the real truth.
Why don’t you become a critical thinking, rationalist today?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.