Media Release 2/Zumagate
21st March 2014- Human Rights Day.
Africa Unite Party has joined the “coalition of the willing” by opening up a docket today against President Zuma for theft, fraud and corruption.
Shortly after 2 pm the leader of the party Mr. Denton entered the largest police station in South Africa- also known as John Vorster Square. He was not accompanied by a large entourage of lawyers, media or spectators but went representing the” little man” …the average South African who is sick and tired of the rampant rot that has besmirched the good name of our country in the international community. He went to the front desk and said: “I am here to lay a charge”. He waited his turn and after one hour he was ushered into an office and attended to by the duty commander once the desk officer was told what it was about.
“Today, I am making this small step towards honoring those fallen heroes of Sharpville- massacred for us- by taking back our freedom from those who would steal it from us. I speak of course about the current regime in power.”
Today it is our solemn responsibility to stop these thieves from stealing the bread out of the mouths of the children and the medicine from the hands of the aged… we are here to charge the president for a major breach of trust. A contract he has with the people of this country to serve them honestly and ethically. We are here to hold him to account for this promise he has made and broken.
Here is the statement from the leader of the party Mr. Denton to the police.
“ As leader of the Africa Unite Party( AUP) , a registered political party with the Independent Electoral Commission ( IEC) ; I feel that I have an obligation and a legal duty to press charges against the current state president Jacob Zuma , leader of the ANC.
I am acting alongside the DA and the EFF and any other interested party as an amicus curiae in the cases against the president as a result of the Nkandla report made on the 19th March, 2014 by the public protector Ms Thuli Madonsela.
I submit that the state president Mr. Jacob Zuma be charged criminally and civilly for the following Actions and /offences against the people of the Republic of South Africa.:
1. The mishandling and misappropriation of public funds and the diversion thereof from public services to private/personal usage at his home/residence at NKANDLA ; and the failure to protect those state resources from theft.
2. The violation of the parliamentary members Ethics Code by not informing the correct committee oversight for security upgrades at his home in Nkandla ( which came to R250milllion)
3. I also submit that Mr Jacob Zuma as the President of the Republic of South Africa ,has an ethical role to protect the human rights of every South African from the theft of state funds ;from the public coffer ,-meant for poor and the disadvantaged people of this nation… since they too have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness- food- water-housing-schooling and social care.
These funds – this money that should have gone to the people of this nation – who are in need – has instead gone for his own self –enrichment.
Conclusion: In light of the above facts (and the evidence of the Nkandla report) ; these offenses amount to fraud and theft on a grand scale…NEVER seen in this country before. As a result of these serious charges; we are calling on the Director of Public Prosecutions to immediately charge the president forthwith.
I know and understand the contents of this statement. I have no objections in taking the prescribed oath as I consider the oath binding on my conscience. “
President of the Africa Unite Party.
1. 1530 pm 21-03-2014 First Information of crime as per statement by Mr. Denton
2. Scene of crime: President Jacob Zuma ‘s home / residence at Nkandla.
3. Modus Operandi “ it is alleged that the President of South Africa , Mr. Jacob Zuma mishandled state funds and has infringed socio-economic rights of the people of South Africa and has violated certain code of ethics.
4. Suspect : State President Mr. Jacob Zuma
5. Docket will be investigated by members who are mandated to the matter
6. Instrument used : Executive position.
Station : Johannesburg Central.
An amicus curiae (also amicus curiæ; plural amici curiae, literally "friend of the court") is someone who is not a party to a case who offers information that bears on the case but who has not been solicited by any of the parties to assist a court. This may take the form of legal opinion, testimony or learned treatise (the amicus brief) and is a way to introduce concerns ensuring that the possibly broad legal effects of a court decision will not depend solely on the parties directly involved in the case. The decision on whether to admit the information lies at the discretion of the court. The phrase amicus curiae is legal Latin.