There are seriously some white people who live in S.Africa just for the reason that in spite of the difficulties we have with racism of the ANC/SA Communist Party Alliance in govt, they can still live well for the time being.
Otherwise, though, they have no interest in being here.
They are not even loyal to fellow-whites, let alone Coloureds, Indians and blacks, and even family members.
They have no sense of love or calling for the land - good or bad.
They are the critters who have their horse & cart ready at a moment's notice to be off to other shores.
But then you have those that I choose to call the "True Afrikaners" (obviously there are some English-speaking whiteys in this category as well, although they are not strictly Afrikaners.)
How does a true Afrikaner Boerseun whitey reason with himself and with society? He reasons more or less as follows in 40 points:
1. I have been born here in S.Africa.
2. I have not chosen to be born here.
3. I have not chosen to be born a white Afrikaans speaking guy, called a 'Boer'.
4. I was chosen by someone else to be born here.
5. That someone else are not my parents - although they played a role in the process, obviously.
6. It was God, the Almighty, the Sovereign of Creation, who determined my coming to be alive, my being, my body, my temperament, personality & character, my culture, my parents, my home, the place and country where I would live in.
7. And that is HERE
8. I have no qualms and no shame about being an Afrikaner.
9. No one can shame or brow-beat me by it, or make as if I am a lesser being. We are as a people a God-given gift to His creation and to the continent of Africa, just as other peoples are...
10. I am proud of my heritage, though it not be sinful pharisaical pride, but gratefulness-in-pride.
11. I know I am not better than anyone else who has been born different by God's own decree: Whether a Zulu, a Xhosa, a Tswana, Venda, Coloured, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Burmese, Eskimo, Arab, Jew, French, Italian, Argentinian, or whatsoever, etc etc.
12. No one can rob me of what God has given me or made me. I can only reject it myself.
13. I have been made to live forever in my identity as a man or woman that God Himself gave life.
14. My people have greatly erred in the past, but God has been gracious. We have not gone the road of bloodthirsty destruction or self-destruction in order to cling to human power in urling over others.
15. God has given the Afrikaners a good portion of knowledge of the Bible & His eternal saving gospel of Jesus Christ. Few of us do not know about it, whether we follow it or not.
16. We are the only tribe on the continent of Africa that carries the name of Africa in our own identity - we are Afrikaners, of Africa.
17. We speak an officially recognized language that started existing here, called Afrikaans. It comes mainly from Dutch, German, French, Malay, and some black languages. It is an African language, whether people like it or not. If they do not, it is their problem to take up with God Himself. And if they do not believe in Him, they are stuck with themselves and those who demurredly think like they do.
18. The French Huegenots are part of our heritage. They would not compromise, and had to flee France for their lives - because they were not prepared to compromise the truth of the Gospel with the deluded Pope-Roman Killer-Cult of the day.. many of their countrymen paid with their lives in blood on St Bartholomew night, when Roman killers sent by the Pope killed off entire villages just because they were Protestant. Afrikaans sur-names such as De Villiers, Du Plessis, Le Roux, Guillaume, Du Preez, Du Pont, Lombard, Malan, Roux come from them. My wife is a former Lombard..
19. The Dutch settlers under Jan van Riebeeck are part of our heritage. That history is known.
20. Several German settlers also are part of our heritage. The Morkels came to S.Africa in 1691, from Hamburg. We are related to the Merkels (current Chancellor of Germany).
21. No man can say that God did not have a purpose with such a people in Africa.
22. We fought the British Empire in two Boer Wars. We won the first one. Britain won the second one when it reverted to concentration camps for our women & children - where 34 000 of them died through neglect. It was one of the greatest acts of cowardice in the history of mankind - the British Empire against women & children, because it could not subject the Boer fighters..
23. If those 34 000 women and children did not die then, we could have been a people of an extra 2,5 million Afrikaner people.
24. But 8 years later we formed the Union of S.Africa under British rule.
25. The reason for this was that bitterness did not remain in our hearts for the murder of our women and children. There was forgiveness. Other peoples & nations go on through ages & generations of hate, revenge, recrimination and fighting back in bitterness. We chose to walk the road of Christ: through forgiveness. The reason was that the Bible was part of the foundation of our culture, and its message was ingrained in the hearts of our people.
26. That is the case to this day, although we have had our share of traitors who have left the way of God and the way of our people and have chosen to become someone or something else.
27. Our mainstay church, the Dutch Reformed Church, has played a great role in our history. It has led us astray as well, as it justified racial discrimination against the express law of God, and we bought into it.
28. We repented of that past of ours by a.o. going into peaceful negotiations with the blacks in our country, correcting our line of action from possibly violent suppression to peaceful negotiations.. We have paid a price as our negotiating partners have taken what they could and is now misusing it all against us who gave it to them in good faith, albeit naively so in many regards.
29. The church is at it again, unfortunately, now leading the Afrikaners astray with liberal theology that is unbiblical and denies the central message of the true gospel: Creation, Fall, Covenant, Redemption by Christ as God-man, crucified, died and bodily risen.
30. Many of our people have left our shores to look for comfort & security in other places. Most of them have left for the wrong reasons - and denying their godly heritage which put them here at the South of Africa.
31. Some of us are staying here also for the wrong reasons, turning our backs on God and living in compromise with the ungodly ruling Marxist ANC/SA Communist Party elite.. But joiners and traitors have been part of every nations history.
32. In rugby, our national sport, of which the Afrikaners are the mainstay, we have taken on the world, and won. Our Springbok team has been crowned World Champions twice. We are currently a short second on the World Log after the magnificent All Blacks of New Zealand, whom we greatly respect.33. Our farmers have been vilified by untrue propaganda driven by hatred of the white man which lives in the hearts of ungodly demagogues in politics and society... Many of our farmers die in a war they do not deserve. Yet our farmers produce more food than this country can use - and make it one of the seven food-exporting nations in the world.
34. We get no credit, but we stand in battle stations with ungodly racists in our own community who base their view on the Bible, but their Bible is not teh Word of God, it is the word of man who worships the idol of Afrikaner nationhood. Yet we are vilified by black racists when we dare rightfully criticize blacks & others who are incompetent & corrupt in govt & other institutions, etc.
35. God has called many Afrikaner men and women to mission fields around the globe to take the gospel of Jesus to others who are far different racially & culturally than we are.. I do not know how many missionaries there are, but they are many.
36. But in essence, we are not Europeans..
37. So we will not leave.. We will stay - until our dying day. In spite of threats and growing danger and growing discrimination. And in spite of still being blamed daily for something which is long past and which we have given up peacefully: Apartheid.
38. Live of die, God is our Lord & Saviour. We will be light and salt for Him as good we can, faults & warts & all..
39. We will buried in the soil He has given us to live upon. And that is not sentimentality: that is foundational truth.
40. Soli Deo Gloria.