A strange and illogical behavioral personality defect, where the suffer displays illogical paranoia and develops a morbid obsession to disproof something he or she does not believe in. The effort to disproof something that is not even part of the sufferer’s believe system, is in itself a pointless exercise. Another trait of sufferers of aforementioned disease is that they can not explain this behavior to themselves or fellow sufferers.
These symptoms are often exaggerated in the presence of others that do believe in some or other form of a Higher Presence or God.
Not all Atheists suffer from this Disease. It seems as only those that acquired some sort of pedestal/s from where they are able to display these symptoms, are affected. These pedestals include FaceBook and other electronic media. It has been found that Atheists without the ability to address their opinions from a pedestal, presents mild to no symptoms of this Disease and have been found to associate with believers without displaying any judgmental or illogical behavior.
- Fear that there might be a Higher Presence or God after all.
- Doubt about the existence of a Higher Presence or God after all.
- The presence of a tool or pedestal to argue their opinions.
- The fact that they have an audience.
- Anger because something they believed in failed them. Ie. The death of a loved one, etc.
- Psychological reasons.
Clinical trials have shown that there are a few proven methods to deal with sufferers of this Disease. Not all methods have the same outcome and the level of success in treating this Disease depends on various other outside factors. Special mentions must be made that no exact and guaranteed solution exists at this moment.
1. Arguing with Sufferers.
This is the least favorable option/method as it dramatically increases the symptoms, especially the illogical behavior of demanding proof of something that no mere mortal can provide.
- Removing the Audience
This has proven to be a very successful method, as there is thousands of Atheists our there without an audience that does not portray symptoms of this Disease. Deny these sufferers access to tools that enable them their own audience and witness the change
Get them to witness the miracles of a Higher Presence or God. Let them still call it what they like. At least the seed of probability has been planted which might change their opinion in the long run. In extreme cases sufferers must be physically escorted to witness the birth of a baby (human or animal) or made to look in the eyes of a dying person as life leaves him or her.
- Ignore them
As a last resort, ignoring sufferers that do not display any improvement with any of the above treatments seems to be the only way.
How do you know you have this disease?
- When you ask of mere mortals to explain things that could have only been orchestrated by a Higher Presence or God.
- When you demand proof of the existence of a Higher Presence or God. Either you believe or you don’t.
- When you are spending more and more time reading the Bible, finding and extracting words and paragraphs to sustain your illogical demands.