The 896 thousand NO votes of March 1992 said: "We told you this would happen"
During the last, almost twenty years:
- South Africa is classed as the “Rape Capital” of the world;
- Unemployment has risen by 60%; one of the highest in the world;
- South Africa has the 140th (out of 144 countries) worst education department;
- Most hi-jacks take place in South Africa;
- Most murders take place in South Africa;
- A special place near the top of the list, for most corrupt government;
- The Rand/US$ exchange has gone from R3,41 to almost R10;
- Petrol price has gone from R1,73 per litre to over R13 per litre;
- The South African Defence Force has gone from iron-fist of Africa to laughing stock;
- South Africa has ten times more people in squatter camps and 1000% more illegal immigrants (from North and East Africa);
- No other country has more convicted criminals in parliament as has South Africa;
- Twenty-five percent of all South African school girls are HIV+
- School girls had 100.000 abortions (Stats from either last year or two years ago);
- The abortion rate has skyrocketed, as has murdered and discarded babies;
- State hospitals have gone from the finest in Africa to some of the worst;
- SA Gold Mines: 60% are unprofitable (YOU magazine 22 August 2013);
- Gold price 23% decline from January to April;
- Labour turmoil loss in production – R10 billion;
- Gold-mine workers’ increase demands 60-100%;
- Since 2000 – 680.000 jobs lost;
- Mineworkers who might have to be laid off in next few years – 120.000;
- Estimated value of SA’s mineral reserves – R25 trillion. But, this potential wealth would first have to be exploited cost effectively.
- Ninety-four thousand (94.000) SCHOOL children in South Africa are pregnant. People Magazine 7th September 2013.
- The latest child rapes and murders in Diepsloot, Johannesburg (October 2013) are gruesome, heinous, sickening and so disgusting that one is at a loss for appropriate words.
Viva South Africa, Viva?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.