Breaking up my first bromance
A week ago I broke up with my partner in life and it got me thinking about why relationships sometimes don’t work. I started questioning myself, of why did I let my love slip away, , you see it’s not like I don’t love my now former partner, and I wondered why sometimes love just aren’t enough . I also asked myself why am I not balling my eyes out, and why do I feel a sense of relief.
Well after I confronted myself with these questions I came up with some reasoning, of that in my situation and circumstance made sense to me.
- LOVE – I know that there is different kind of love , I am sure I an capable of love being a parent, looking in the eyes of my children ,there is a bond of love witch to me is unbreakable, So I ask myself , did I feel this way for my former partner? If I really think about it the answer is Yes .
- TRUST- relationships are build on trust and it takes two to tango , in my relationship I did trust my partner and respected him for trusting me, there was a understanding that we having my children in the house were going to make a house filled with love and compassion
- FAITHULNES- in our year and a bit together I can honestly say that we were faithful to each other and not me neither him cheated on each other
- MONEY- We didn’t have a lot of money but here at the end we were getting of our feet, money is a issue that most couples argue about and this was the same for us, not that we had a lot to argue over, to me our biggest argument was about money , but we had a roof over our heads and food to eat everyday
- SAME INTERESTS- we shared friends and we were social , and now and then we went out had a good time at our favorite club something that married folks with children don’t often do, He loved and I am sure still loves my children,
So with all this going for us why didn’t it work out?
- COMMUNICATION – this is probably the biggest problem that we had in our relationship, and the last five weeks of our relationship we hardly spoke a few words to each other. This to me was like life blood of our relationship was being sucked out . not talking to each other caused, me to doubt myself as a person and my capability to love, it caused my to question my partners love for me ,caused me to question his trust of me and his faithfulness, not that I had any reason to doubt any of this. It was just a case of no communication at all caused this.
- STUBBORNNESS – being two men we were both stubborn unwilling to budge if something came up that we didn’t like, we were unable to find a way to resolve differences, accusing each other of trying to change each other this lead to the silence that followed . I think most couples struggle with finding a new identity together even in strait relationships , couples who make it work on each other everyday and they give and take, this give and take I think was not present in our relationship
- SEX: As humans our well-being are emotionally driven and a sex drive is normal in gay men just like in strait men , some people like to do it every day and some people likes to get busy maybe only once a week we all differ , in my relationship we had a very active sex life in the beginning when we were still in love this the normalized to the above mentioned normal frequency ,and later on it was used as a tool ,to make each other miserable ,this is the same in strait couples as well .
- HAPPINESS :once we reached the stage were we wert communicating the sex dried up the stubbornness set in and after five weeks of this ,I was feeling depressed , lonely , hart broken ,and I had a feeling of just basically that I was wasting my time.
One day I talked to him and told him how I felt and that we need to change or brake up
And yes we chose to brake up we didn’t fight, we didn’t have anger, we made a decision and now its over
WHO IS TO BLAME: we both are!!!We were unable to budge, unable at the end to make exceptions for each other, unable to fight for each other
Why can’t we try again? , well the hurt that all of this has caused me is one thing and the other thing is the hurt I have caused him , knowing each other by now , I would say that our relationship has been severely strained and we probably should look for more compatible partners in life
For the hurt and anger I feel I have forgiven him, I which him a grate life and hope some day we can be friends. It’s a cliché know but this is how I feel, I hope one day he can forgive me
Every body in life deserves some happiness , I hope by me shearing my experience with you ,that you can learn from my mistakes , communicating with your loved ones, listening to them when they talk and compromising when you must . is just as important as love
PS TO THE SPELLING NATZIS I WROTE A ARTICLE ON DISLEXIA JUST FOR YOU!!! LOOK IT UP –I am dyslexic and proud of it!!!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.