(This article was uploaded on the 19th of October 2012)
I’ve just received an e-mail addressed to scores of recipients. In the mail, people are invited to attend a “New Beginning” mass meeting in Rustenburg on the 20th of October.
The message reads: “This affects our entire nation, which includes you. This is no joke, so please start praying and interceding. Attendance is free; but you are expected to pay R100 per seat.”
And of course, the spectacle is hosted by:
Wait for it......
Wait for it......
Waaaaaaait for it......
Yes, you’ve got it! None other than Angus Buchan – your friendly snake-oil farmer.
Old Angus has come to realise that the quickest cash-crop, with the least work, is not potatoes, but cabbage-heads. And the risks are much less:
· Malema cannot repossess your farm.
· You won’t become another farm-murder statistic.
· Rain, drought, and pests cannot destroy your crop.
· Christians (Angus’ cabbage-heads) are ever so willing to pay good money to hear someone call them “Mighty Men.”
· And, you don’t have to pay taxes on the profits you squeeze from the cabbages.
But that’s not all!!!
The e-mail goes on, and on, and on...
“Dear *intercessors and prayer partners!
Do not slow down in prayer and intercession! The breakthrough and success of this event rest upon our shoulders!! Prayer is mostly a behind the scene task, but the scene can’t go on without your prayers! Take up new courage and prayer responsibility and let’s **bombard darkness and all resistance with His supernatural power, light and great love!!”
Keep praying for (my comments in italics):
· Mighty salvation of thousands of people! (Those barbarians who were fired?)
· Reconciliation between different groups on every level! (Now that is REALLY pushing the envelope to the limit!)
· Outreaches at hostels of the mines! (The cabbages are actually going INTO the hostels? HKGK!)
· Call in the **Spirit People of all races to attend and fill that stadium as a rainbow! Call the miners! (Call the miners? I thought they were fired.)
· Releasing of funds to meet the budget! (What funds? What budget?)
· Great Unity to increase in body of Christ between all churches & leaders taking hands. (Ha! Has anyone contacted the Pope?)
· Outpouring of God’s Spirit on Rustenburg, South Africa & the World! (Same thing we do every night, Pinky – try to take over the World!)
· Peace & protection on all! (Yadda, yadda, yadda.)
Some people are seriously impressed that Angus can order God to let it rain on demand. But let me tell you something: I can do the same!
Here’s my demand: “Tomorrow the 21st of October I demand rain.”
Now – check this out people – tomorrow it WILL rain. Why? Because I DEMAND God to do so.
So, here’s the deal:
Tomorrow as soon as it starts raining, you-all can just deposit R50.00 (half of Angus’ usual fee) into my bank account. I’ll send you an authentic Cabbage-head Certificate to hang on your wall.
PS Don’t forget your umbrella tomorrow.
*intercessors and prayer partners – suckers and cabbage-heads
**bombard – why do these religious fanatics always want to blow up something?
***Spirit People – American Indians who worship Wakan Tanka
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.