Herewith some feel good drivel from the pen of le Jeeves the awesome.
So there you are, scritching and scratching through books, DVDs and teh interwebz for a way to make all your dreams come true.
You spend your money on Tony Robbins, hang out at seminars and even get a personal guru but alas, success still evades you. You buy 'The Secret' but find that the secret to understanding 'The Secret' is a secret.
Well fear not, Jeeves is here to save the day! (Insert heroic music here).
Herewith my favorite success principles for those who are stuck in a rut:
5) There is no secret recipe, sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's hard work, sometimes it's providence - Tie your belt, fasten your shoelaces and work your ass off until one of those happens to you. Don't compare yourself to others, thats just doff. if you were'nt born with a silver spoon in your mouth you are going to have to make the damn thing yourself!
4) The wrong people around you are like sugar in a petrol tank. Dump the energy leeches and seriously re-evaluate the people in your life. You need to stay focused and motivated to hit goals and negative cynics are a waste of energy. Cheerleaders and Mentors are not a luxury, they are a necessity! Don't help people because you feel sorry for them, you are making them weaker and causing yourself harm. They'll just keep on leeching because you are teaching them that it's ok to be a leech.
3) Pack lighter to move faster!Don't screw yourself with heavy debt and a lifestyle that swallows your cashflow. Cashflow is king to the dream chaser. Rather live in a hut with a cheap car so you can move fast and make big decisions when you need to. Achieving success is a business of growing fast and you aint gonna grow if you are squished into a financial box where you can't take risks.
2) Life moves in years. There is no 'quick fix'. Plan accordingly! The average business takes about 1000 days to get good traction (if you don't waste your cashflow on jet skis and crap). Everything takes years, get used to it. If stuff happens sooner then enjoy the quick promotion but don't expect instant coffee when it comes to business and relationships! Everything you do and say are investments into your future so act accordingly!
1) Be a Bulldog!Failure is just par for the course. Don't think that you are a failure just because you failed. You are not your circumstance, you are your future!Successful people are professionals at dusting themselves off and making epic comebacks from catastrophic failures!You aint the first to fail and you sure won't be the last.Ignore the critics, they're a bunch of yapping fools who will sing your praises later anyway. Just keep on keeping on and remember number 2!
Have a lekker weekend!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.