IN THE LIGHT
Not satisfied by the hogwash delivered from those in the know, I have decided to do my own check on what is really the case with Atheism and what goes with it. So many persons have attempted to deliver the information but ultimately it falls to bits and pieces and must be reconstructed. A classical case was found on an internet Blog. These people actually went so far as to include female genitalia in their arguments relating to Atheism. Is saying something is it not? Hardly someone one wants to have a beer with.
International statistics indicate a more accurate picture of religions over the entire world and include the lesser religions. As a matter of interest;
Christianity has 2,1 billion followers while Islam is 1.5 billion followers. Secular/non religions, agnostic and Atheist 1,1 billion followers, Chinese traditional religion: 394 million, Buddhism 376 – 1,2 billion, etc, etc down to the bottom which is Rastafarianism with internationally 600,000.
BASIC TENETS OF ATHEISM:
(1) There is no God or devil
(2) There is no supernatural realm
(3) Miracles cannot occur
(4) There is no such thing as a sin as a violation of Gods will
(5) Generally, the universe is considered a scientific fact
(6) Ethics and morals are relative.
(7) Many atheists claim that Atheism is not a belief system while others say it is, since there is no official organization nailing down which description of Atheism to use can be difficult. Nevertheless the following are some definitions offered by Atheists.
(8) Whichever definition you accept atheism denies God.
(9) An Atheist is someone who believes and/or knows there is no God
(10) An Atheist lacks belief in God
(11) An Atheist exercises no faith in the concept of God at all.
(12) An Atheist is someone who is free from religious oppression and bigotry
(13) An Atheist is a free thinker—free from religion and its ideas.
(14) Atheist positions seem to fall into two main categories; The first is the lack-of-evidence where the Atheist asserts that the supporting evidence isn’t good enough for him to affirm Gods existence.
(15) The second is the category where the Atheist believes that the idea of gods existence is illogical and contrary to the evidence at hand.
(16) A typical argument posed by an Atheist to show why God does not exist is as follows: God is supposed to be all good and all powerful. Evil and suffering exist in the world. If God is all-good he would not want evil and suffering to exist. If he is all-powerful then he is able to remove all evil and suffering to exist: since evil and suffering exist, God is not either all God which means he is not perfect or not God or he is not powerful and limited in abilities. Since either case shows God is not all good and powerful then he does not exist.
(17) The problem is that the criticism is a false dichotomy. In other words there are more than 2 possibilities: Namely that God might have an allowance of evil and suffering ETC.
(18) REFERENCES MAY BE TAKEN FROM THE HEADINGS