· Under the current government we have no plan and no future.
· The politicians and various hangers-on are depleting the country’s resources as fast as we can generate it.
· The poor will remain poor as with the current education system they are unemployable.
· The rich will enjoy the sun, sea and benefits the country has to offer until such time they are threatened and they will be on the first flight out of here.
· The reality of SA is one of controlled anarchy where crime and criminals form part of the pillars of society like the government, the police and defence force.
· Discipline is shunned in schools and in homes of rich liberal bunny huggers and poor shack dwellers alike to create an out of control youth seeking mischief.
· Moral fibre is down the tubes with rape, porn, teenage pregnancies and zero responsibility for your actions being the norm.
· Blacks are angry and dejected due to broken promises by the self-same politicians that keep getting their votes.
· Whites are laager bound, money making machines frantically seeking ways to finance their flight path out of here.
· Stupid white liberal fools are still trying to calm the swell by adopting black babies forming part of the grant system that rewards teenage mothers.
· Radical black and white youths squaring off for dominance on the work front where whites have the education but no BEE and visa versa for the blacks.
· Skilled professionals are draining out of the country like water where they reminisce from afar how different it could have been.
· Infrastructure is crumbling due to stupidity, greed and spite……in no particular order.
· Whites are trying to keep a brave face immersing themselves in rugby, braai, sunny skies, alcohol abuse, the blame game and the latest, shiniest model vehicle the bank will finance.
· Blacks are angrily indulging in multiple wives and girlfriends, unprotected sex, alcohol abuse, the blame game and for the select few, the latest shiniest vehicle they cannot afford but can still finance.
And then there are us, the average Joe Soap with ingrained respectability, trying to make sense out of a system designed to fail but still soldiering on towards small personal goals to keep some sort of sanity going. We are the backbone of the country, the flickering light in the darkness and eventually, hopefully, the catalyst to break the spiral in which we are descending into. We are the only ones that can break the cycle of insanity enveloping our country if en when the breaking point arrives.
To all these people, I salute you!!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.