I've read that "someone" "somewhere" wants to start selling cigarettes in plain packets. I ask you! WHAT and WHO is this going to help? It's just going to make it far, far easier to buy unmarked cigarette packs from the black market - isn't it?
When one reads statistics on the deaths of smokers - I HAVE to ask .... WHO compiles these stats AND HOW do they KNOW, for sure - (I mean for sure!!) that those deaths are attributed to smoking? Who counts and HOW do they count and why should be believe "them?" It doesn't matter WHAT ache or illness a smoker has, it will AUTOMATICALLY be attributed to smoking. You can have a paid in your elbow and the doctor will ask you: Do you smoke? Yes. It's the cigarettes. Really? NICOTINE HAS BECOME A SCAPEGOAT FOR INCOMPETENT DOCTORS.
Let me just say, if the governments of the world were AT ALL concerned about the health of their citizens - why not GET RID of tobacco, altogether? Why? If America can stage wars as and when they feel like it, why can't they obliterate tobacco farms and everything that goes with it? BECAUSE .... Governments and the World Health Organization (not matter HOW good they "sound") PLACE PROFIT before PEOPLE!! If they deny this - then they must PROVE it by once and for all, making a stand to eliminate tobacco, nicotine, tar and whatever other 104 chemicals (are supposed) go into cigarettes. In fact, why aren't the names OF ALL THESE CHEMICALS shown on cigarette packets? That should stop smokers in their tracks!
I'm concerned about the boohaai on cigarettes while very little is being said or done about the deadly effects of alcohol, not only to the drinker, but everyone else in the vicinity!! Adverts on television, in newspapers and magazines seem to be on the increase. WHY is this?
- 5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
- 15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
- 30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
- 30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
- 30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
- 40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
- 45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
- 60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.
- 90% of domestic violence and acts of violence against children are attributed to alcohol.
- 90% of rapes are attributed to alcohol
- Thousand of babies die to due AFS
So, tell me OH WISE ONES when is something drastic going to be done to curb the sale of this filthy drug which is being sold DAILY to children way under 18 years of age! When? And, do you really care, Ministry of Health and WHO?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.