PLEASE NOTE:

MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24.com. The stories here come from users.

 
Godless Heathen
 
Comments: 23
Article views: 2602
 
 
Latest Badges:


 
View all Godless Heathen's badges.
 

MLM is as annoying as religion and for much the same reasons.

18 June 2014, 07:33
Statistically if you buy into a MLM scheme you have less than 1% chance of succeeding, 99% of MLM "consultants" fail. Any business based on that kind of churn is not good for the business or the people. MLM practitioners suffer from a lack of mental acuity. Cognitive Dissonance is essential if you want to join a MLM Scheme.
You can Google success and failure related to MLM Schemes and the information is there for everyone to see. MLM practitioners swear blind it's about the effort you put in that determined your results. Are they suggesting that only 1% of people that sign up and spend their hard earned cash are willing to put in the effort.
Statistically you have a better chance of a return at the poker tables, the slots and the horses than with a MLM scheme. Some people have been studying this for years, They have all the statistics and the proof. I joined a MLM scheme when I was still wet behind the ears and ended up with enough Golden Products to fill a room and none of the millions they promised in their brochures. 
Some years later I joined another at the insistence of a friend. After studying all the paperwork, the commission structures and more I came to the conclusion that the remuneration structures were designed to ensure failure and they could blame the participants. My spread sheets and information were so damning the MLM company refunded my money and that of every participant in my upline and downline. We said class action once too many times for their liking. 
Currently there are two new pyramid schemes doing the rounds, You know they are pyramid schemes when you get told how successful everyone is and they will not supply proof. They will not answer your questions about how does the system work, How many people )What percentage) last longer than 6 months, a year, two years. What makes their scam any different to the great ones, AMWAY is the one that most people are aware of, When was the last time you were invited to an AMWAY presentation? 
The most obvious problem with this business model is the sheer numbers of people needed to keep it alive. If you are in the top ranks sure you will make big bucks but get in too late and all you do is make somebody else rich and yourself poorer. 
1 12 43 164 645 2566 10247 40968 163849 6553610 26214411 104857612 419430413 1677721614 6710886415 26843545616 107374182417 429496729618 1717986918419 6871947673620 274877906944
Starting with one person recruiting just 4 people who in return recruit 4 etc,  by the time you get to level 14 you need every citizen of South Africa to join and then some from a few neighbouring countries, By level 20 I suspect that the world may not have enough residents. 
If you joined right in the beginning and you were one of the first twenty to join, by level 11 you already need the whole of SA to join. The danger of losing money starts on the 8th level if only 20 people are the start of the pyramid. 1 202 803 3204 12805 51206 204807 819208 3276809 131072010 524288011 2097152012 8388608013 33554432014 134217728015 536870912016 2147483648017 8589934592018 34359738368019 137438953472020 5497558138880
Oh and this is based on you earning money with out any dead legs or downlines that bypass you for your sponsors benefit. If that occurs you may just be better off spending the money on the lottery, where the odds are ridiculously against you.

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.
 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
23 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Abdullahi Ali Hassan
Whole community must tackle Sowet...

Violence against foreign shop owners erupted in Soweto. Some consider this to be a crime; others call it to be a face of xenophobia similar to that which happened in 2008 in South Africa.  Read more...

2 comments 140 views
Submitted by
Brian Faul
Law of Karma

This is not about religion or religious values or dogma. It is about a universal application that affects each and every being on this planet.  Read more...

10 comments 314 views
Submitted by
b.agnostic
Zuma - far from clever, clever fr...

Many people say Jacob Zuma is not very clever. In a certain respect he is actually very clever, maybe not in the sense of IQ, but rather streetwise clever. Read more...

4 comments 415 views
Submitted by
Thulane Che Trosky
The sudden status of Jackie Seleb...

It is with a certain amount of amazement to notice how the late Jackie Selebi, now that he 's died, is being praised and lauded for his conduct while still being alive. Read more...

5 comments 609 views
Submitted by
Neill Guthrie
Demons of Racism

At the start, I must express my personal opinion that there was nothing racist in the messages tweeted by Zelda La Grange. Read more...

15 comments 840 views
Submitted by
Luzuko Mtoyi
When foreigners are the scape-goa...

I was listening to Metro FM on Friday and one guy called in regarding the issue that foreigners have illegal fire-arms. He talked as if locals DO NOT have illegal guns. Read more...

11 comments 867 views

Jobs in Cape Town [change area]

Property [change area]

Travel - Look, Book, Go!

Kalahari.com - shop online today

Month End Madness Sale!

Save up to 60% on across a wide range of goods from books to electronics, DVDs and many more. Sale end 31 January 2015. Shop now!

Valentine’s Day gifts – 14 Feb!

Gifts to spoil him and her. While stocks last. Shop now!

Lego sale!

Buy 2 or more Lego toys and get 15% off. While stocks last. Shop now!

30% off fragrances

Get 30% off fragrances for him and her. While stocks last. Shop now!

Up to 30% off All Textbooks

Save up to 30% off an extensive range of prescribed textbooks for all major universities and FET colleges. Shop Now!

OLX Free Classifieds [change area]

Samsung Galaxy s4

Mobile, Cell Phones in South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town. Date October 24

Best bargain in big bay

Real Estate, Houses - Apartments for Sale in South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town. Date October 25

VW Golf 6, 1.6 Trendline (Excellent condition)

Vehicles, Cars in South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town. Date October 25

 

services

E-mail Alerts The latest headlines in your inbox

RSS feeds News delivered really simply.

Mobile News24 on your mobile or PDA

E-mail Newsletters You choose what you want

News24 on your iPhone Get News24 headlines on your iPhone.

SMS Alerts Get breaking news stories via SMS.

Blogs Your opinion on you, me and everyone.

Calais Website keywords automated by OpenCalais.

 
Interactive Advertising Bureau
 
© 2015 24.com. All rights reserved.
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.








Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.