We all heard Zoompie 783 tel us how safe the New South Africa really is.
And here is proof of that
1. Our houses are inpenetrable fortresses with perimeter security beams, razor wire, electric fencing and armed security alarm systems. Huge maneater dogs also.
2. The private security firms in SA is 3 times bigger in manpower than the SA Police.
3. You get through to the control room of your armed response on the 3rd ring and they answer you by name and have your address on the screen in front of them because it is linked to your various telephone numbers. (SAPS on what technology do you spend your billions budget ?)
4. Residential neighbourhoods are patrolled by neighbourhood watches, ADT, Chubb, and local Security firms. In some places round the clock. Thank heavens SAPS don't have the resources to do it because you don't want to be dragged behind a police van.
5.Neighbourhood radio networks keep neighboours in touch with each other and armed response firms 24/7. SAPS also tune in, but they can't/don't respond to emergencies because of "resource constraints and other challenges".
Please keep out of it SAPS, we don't want another Marikana or Andries Tatane in our neighbourhood.
6. Schools are secured by high fence, locked gates and looked after by security guards paid for by us the public and parents.
7. Children are dropped off at school by car and would not dare to walk or cycle to school. Also children don't play in public parks or in the streets any more. So no need for SAPS to stretch their resources to look after our children.
8. Churches are locked down behind burglar bars and security gates with alarm systems. So their religious equipment like the silver salvers are safe from unwelcome visitors. Once again SAPS not required here.
9. Shopping Malls swarm with a variety of security personnel and car guards, safety gates, closed circuit cameras systems with control room monitoring and so on. When last did you see noticable SAPS presence in a shopping mall ?
10. The compounds and houses of el presedente Zoomer and cabinet ministers are national key points and secured as such.
Have you ever tried to drive up to one of these houses ?
Also the members of government are surrounded by massive guys in black suits and sunglasses with heavy arms, radios, bullet proof cars, etc.....Safe as houses as they say !
Let us stop at these 10, because these are the main reasons why I feel so extremely safe in my beloved Brand New Souff Effrika.
And I can go to sleep at night in my fortress of a house with the assurance that SAPS have all the time in the world to guard over all of these things already put in place - NOT !?!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.