No respect even for an icon (“Carpe Diem”– seizing the opportunity)!
Even for the biggest icon that ever lived in the South Africa history, the ANC has absolutely no respect in plundering funds which were to be used in respect of the burial and funeral, and through shady and unscrupulous (dishonest, unprincipled, corrupt, crooked, dodgy, immoral, deceitful, devious, ruthless) ways and means and manipulating procedures, managed to channel millions of Rands that were meant to be disbursed in respect of funeral expenses for the late Nelson Mandela, into personal and or party bank accounts.
Millions in public funds spent on Nelson Mandela’s funeral were paid to suppliers without official approval, as the ANC needed the money for the elections and paying suppliers inflated amounts, would then have the benefit that the suppliers would give back a cut to the ANC as agreed. This money being used to bankroll the ANC election campaign.
· R22 million was disbursed in respect of T-shirts, food and transport irregularly through ‘Project X’ by the Eastern Cape Development Corporation which is funded by taxpayers;
· R 20 million was paid to suppliers in 10 days in December without any board approval to disburse the money, based on an unsigned memo from the provincial treasury to the Eastern Cape legislature to break procurement rules by treating Mandela’s funeral as an emergency;
· R14 million was disbursed, including for transport mourners and printing Mandela T-shirts “without any quotations or invoices;
· R4, 9 million was paid to soccer boss Siviwe “Chippa” Mpengesi’s close corporation, Regola Print and Media to print 50 000 T-shirts for the funeral of Mandela on 15th December 2013. (A Johannesburg T-shirt printing company quotes the cost for 50 000 T-shirts as not being more than R 1,3 million);
· R6,0 million was paid to Victory Ticket 750, a close corporation registered to Mzwandile Sokwale, a provincial ANC leader, to transport 8000 mourners to Mandela’s service in East London and King Williams Town (This equates to R 750 per passenger)!;
· R 250 00 was paid into the personal bank account of MEC Phumilo Masualle, the Provincial Chairperson of Finance in the Eastern Cape, without any documentation and or authority.
It is therefore evident that the ANC has absolutely no shame to ‘rob’ even their biggest icon that they ever can claim to have had, and in the end, bankroll their election and benefit ‘private individuals’ unlawfully.What a shame and disgrace to stoop so low!