As always, I’m sitting alone in my little corner (not with a White cohort) and thinking – why in hell is Blade Nzimande apportioning blame on ANC flaws to the middle class, the crux of South Africa’s economy?
- I shall reservedly commend you for coming to terms with the FACT – the apartheid ship has long sailed and you cannot blame ANC flaws on the past. But in comes another scapegoat – the middle class.
- 1994 to date – basic education in public schools has received the lion’s share of the country’s budget but has minimal to show for it.
Your alliance partner SADTU has politicized education to an extent most schools in the townships and villages are ungovernable. Call them revolutionaries, but I shall give them a befitting name – rebels without a course. Every morning, school going kids of so-called revolutionaries, quietly travel to faraway schools to attain real education and not the vile taught by their rebellious parents.
Mr Minister, more than R500m was spent in Gauteng online between 2004 and 2006. This was to equip schools with computers and capacitate our kids to be computer literate. Today most computers are dysfunctional or stolen. I call it fruitless expenditure!
Today’s matric certificate is not worth the paper it’s written on. And universities are also under pressure to lower their standards. We still have learners schooling in derelict buildings, under the trees and without textbooks. Whether old or new books - South Africa is the only country known to me that shreds learning material.
The ANC is perfecting what Hendrik Verwoerd couldn’t do in his life time. But in order to accommodate your marauding intellect – we shall blame all this on the ungrateful Black middle class and their White cohorts.
- Evidently there is paranoia, factionalism, indiscipline, greed, looting and tribalism afflicting the ANC from grassroots to Luthuli House and this is vividly clear post-Polokwane. At this rate, it is obvious to an honest observer or cadre - the ANC has imploded and the damage is irreparable.
But to accommodate your marauding narrow communist intellect – we shall blame all this on the ungrateful Black middle class and their White cohorts.
- ANC unfulfilled promises since 1994 ushered in the so-called service delivery protest. The marginalized masses see the opulence of their ANC leaders and resort to mostly violent protest to vent their frustration with their elected leaders. During these protest – community libraries have been burned down and now recently, learners have been prevented from attending school in Kuruman, because residents are demanding a tarred road. I call this self-hate!
But to accommodate political correctness - we shall blame all this on the ungrateful Black middle class and their White cohorts.
- Lawlessness and economic crimes is now inherent in our communities because we live in an animal farm like set-up, where other animals are better than others. Some are immune from prosecution. Institutionalized corruption is an ANC innovation with the blessing of the incumbent President. It is also the ANC that introduced abortion for 12 year olds and thus absolving those committing statutory rape. South Africa looses R30bn per annum to corruption and yet under ANC government we’re still to see many successfully prosecuted. And we’re still to see endemic corruption being reflected in annual Police statistics.
- But lawlessness in this country pays a lot – congratulations to Lonmin miners. You were rewarded handsomely for plundering and slaughtering your co-workers.
But for you Mr Nzimande I shall bend the rules and sacrifice principle - we shall blame all this on the ungrateful Black middle class and their White cohorts.
Go fly your red kite!