The News24 article refers:
If this murder trial starts like this, I dread what utter embarrassment awaits his legal representation. I have no idea who concocted his affidavit, but whoever that is, should go back to university and brush their legal skills up. This won’t be going anywhere.
His affidavit refers:
"I am acutely aware of violent crime being committed by intruders entering homes with a view to commit crime, including violent crime. I have received death threats before. I have also been a victim of violence and of burglary before.
For that reason, I kept my firearm, a 9mm Parabellum, underneath my bed when I went to bed at night.
During the early hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and close the sliding door, the blinds and the curtains”
1. Why would there be a fan on the balcony? Was she doing Marilyn Monroe “skirt blown by fan” shots on the balcony? Who sits with a fan on a balcony?
2. If you are this neurotic about your safety, why would your bedroom sliding door be open at night?
"I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom. I felt a sense of terror rushing over me.
There are no burglar bars across the bathroom window and I knew that contractors who worked at my house had left the ladders outside”
1. He wakes up, awake enough to realise a fan was left outside, the curtains were open, so a certain amount of light came in through the open curtains, and he didn't see the bed was empty?
2. What kind of guy wouldn't notice his girlfriend is missing from the bed when he hears noises? Surly the first thing you do when you suspect danger is check on your girl?
3. He fears intruders but doesn't have burglar bars on his bathroom window?
4. In all of this confusion he remembers about the contractors ladders, but doesn't think to check on his girl?
"It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed. I noticed that the bathroom window was open. I realised that the intruder/s was/were in the toilet because the toilet door was closed and I did not see anyone in the bathroom”
1. He sleeps with guns under his bed because he is panicked sick about intruders, but he doesn't check his windows before he goes to sleep?
"I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps. I fired shots at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to phone the police,"
1. Gun under the bed, open sliding doors, open bathroom window, but a locked bedroom door? Really? Come again? He locks the bedroom door but everything else is wide open?
2. Why would you want call the police in a gated security estate when the estate guards are only a panic button away? SAPS will get there in time to save you before the resident guards can? SAPS? Really?
"I returned to the bathroom calling her name. I tried to open the toilet door but it was locked. I rushed back into the bedroom and opened the sliding door, exiting onto the balcony and screamed for help.
I put on my prosthetic legs, ran back to the bathroom and tried to kick the toilet door open”
1. The toilet door was locked? I wonder why? Who locks a toilet door unless it is teenage boy with a Playboy magazine? Do any of you ladies lock the toilet door to keep a husband or boyfriend out from seeing you wee?
2. Kick the door open with carbon fibre feet? Those blades can kick a door open? I am glad I was never his opponent on the track then. It could be lethal.
"I went back into the bedroom and grabbed my cricket bat to bash open the toilet door. A panel or panels broke off and I found the key on the floor and unlocked and opened the door”
1. Sweet. They had to find an excuse for the cricket bat that’s now is an exhibit in the case.
2. Wasn't this cricket bat on every front page over the weekend full of blood?
3. Best of all is most of this concocted drama happened in the dark. Read his affidavit and note he feared turning on any lights.
Amazingly however, he is running around like a lunatic on stumps, shooting randomly in the dark and through all of commotion he doesn't wonder why Reeva doesn't utter a sound? In his mind Reeva is lying relaxed in bed while he is shooting murderous intruders?
“Go you Cowboy Go, shoot the bastards, I'm going to sleep further”
Forensic evidence indicates traces of sexual activity before the shooting. In a residential development with houses in close proximity he has sex with an open sliding door with open curtains? He is on every front page of every publication across the globe. She is a famous model. Sex with open doors and curtains? Heat magazine would love snaps of this activity.
But all of this concocted fantasy isn't half as sad as the fact that there are advocates running around thinking a court of law will believe this.
Didn't he bliksem a traffic officer on the Witbank Highway a while ago?
I wonder who sent her a Valentine’s SMS………..?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.