I came across this article, and thought that it would be an excellent atheist test for religion and prophecy. It will require a minimum of 7 years for it to be fulfilled, and most on this forum will probably still be around to get the answers..
Putting the Pope Puzzle Together: Has the Final Pope Arrived? You Decide!
The world held it’s breath today in expectation of what could very well have been the “Final Pope” of Humanity as many scholars and students of different Faiths and Denominations watched in amazement as history unfolded and may have witnessed the fulfillment of a four Century old Prophecy given by Saint Malachy, a 12th-century Archbishop of Armagh, Ireland. in which he predicted the final 112 Popes that would be in office leading to the destruction of the city of Rome and the rise of the Antichrist of Bible Prophecy.
The Final Pope according to Malachy would be known as Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.. After the resignation of Pope Benedict the 16th on February 11th 2013, in which he became the 6th Pope in history resigning from office in 600 years, shocking the world and even stirring excitement in those who have long studied theses “Apocalyptic” Predictions. To make this even more interesting is the fact that 6 hours after the resignation of Benedict the 16th, Lightning struck the top of the Basilica in Rome.Today at 8:13 Pm Rome time on March 13, 2013 or 3-13-13 a New Pope was revealed! Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio.
Jorge Mario Bergoglio (Spanish pronunciation: was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, one of the five children of Italian immigrants Mario Jose Bergoglio (Italian pronunciation: [b?r'go??o]), a railway worker, and Regina Maria Sivori, a housewife. As a teenager Bergoglio had a lung removed as a result of an infection. He studied and received a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Buenos Aires before he decided to pursue an ecclesiastical career. Bergoglio entered the Society of Jesus on 11 March 1958 and studied to become a priest at the Jesuit seminary in Villa Devoto. In 1960 Bergoglio obtained a licentiate in philosophy from the Colegio Máximo San José in San Miguel, and in 1964 and 1965 he taught literature and psychology at the Colegio de la Inmaculada, a high school in the province of Santa Fe, Argentina, and in 1966 he taught the same courses at the Colegio del Salvador in Buenos Aires. In 1967, Bergoglio finished his theological studies and was ordained to the priesthood on 13 December 1969, by Archbishop Ramón José Castellano.
He attended the Facultades de Filosofía y Teología de San Miguel (Philosophical and Theological Faculty of San Miguel), a seminary in San Miguel, Buenos Aires. Bergoglio attained the position of novice master there and became professor of theology. The Society of Jesus promoted Bergoglio and he served as provincial for Argentina from 1973 to 1979. He was transferred in 1980 to become the rector of the seminary in San Miguel, and served in that capacity until 1986. He returned to Argentina to serve as confessor and spiritual director in Córdoba. His chosen name is Francis in honor of St Francis of Assisi. What is so interesting about this name and it’s history is Saint Francis of Assisi, Italian San Francesco d’Assisi, baptized Giovanni, renamed Francesco, original name Francesco di Pietro ( PETER ) di Bernardone (born 1181/82, Assisi, duchy of Spoleto [Italy]—died October 3, 1226, Assisi; canonized July 16, 1228; feast day October 4), founder of the Franciscan orders of the Friars Minor (Ordo Fratrum Minorum), the women’s Order of St. Clare (the Poor Clares), and the lay Third Order. He was also a leader of the movement of evangelical poverty in the early 13th century. His evangelical zeal, consecration to poverty, charity, and personal charisma drew thousands of followers. Francis’s devotion to the human Jesus and his desire to follow Jesus’ example reflected and reinforced important developments in medieval spirituality. The Poverello (“Poor Little Man”) is one of the most venerated religious figures in Roman Catholic history, and he and Catherine of Sienaare the patron saints of Italy. In 1979 Pope John Paul II recognized him as the patron saint of ecology.
Shortly before he died, St. Francis of Assisi called together his followers and warned them of the coming troubles, saying:
1. The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase.
2. The devils will have unusual power, the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who will obey the true Sovereign Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity. At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death.
3. Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.
4. There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God.
5. Then our Rule and manner of life will be violently opposed by some, and terrible trials will come upon us. Those who are found faithful will receive the crown of life; but woe to those who, trusting solely in their Order, shall fall into tepidity, for they will not be able to support the temptations permitted for the proving of the elect.
6. Those who preserve in their fervour and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and, persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth. but the Lord will be the refuge of the afflicted, and will save all who trust in Him. And in order to be like their Head, [Christ] these, the elect, will act with confidence, and by their death will purchase for themselves eternal life; choosing to obey God rather than man, they will fear nothing, and they will prefer to perish rather than consent to falsehood and perfidy.
7. Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days JESUS CHRIST WILL SEND THEM NOT A TRUE PASTOR, BUT A DESTROYER.”
3-13-13 – Why is this number interesting? From EW Bullinger (1837-1913)..on the number 13 in the bible…He was a renowned biblical schoar known worldwide. Many scholars and students of the word have studied his research. He has done extensive research on numbers and their meaning in the bible. Here is an excerpt from a paragraph on the meaning of the number 13: we must go back to the first occurrence of the number thirteen in order to discover the key to its significance.
It occurs first in Gen 14:4, where we read “Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and the thirteenth year they REBELLED.” Hence every occurrence of the number thirteen, and likewise of every multiple of it, stamps that with which it stands in connection with rebellion, apostasy, defection, corruption, disintegration, revolution, or some kindred idea.
COMET PANSTARRS CONNECTION? – Consequently enough during the same time frame as this revealing of the “Final Pope” we had a comet streaking thru the Heavens in which from ABC is closer than it’s ever been to Earth, and stargazers in the Northern Hemisphere finally get to see it. Called Pan-STARRS, the comet passed within 100 million miles of Earth on Tuesday, its closest approach in its first-ever cruise through the inner solar system. The ice ball will get even nearer the sun this weekend — just 28 million miles from the sun and within the orbit of Mercury. Source . Why is this significant Because Comets have a history of being Harbingers of coming wars and distress upon the Earth. See video below for more details
So let’s put some of these pieces together shall we? According to Malachy the Final Pope would be known as Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people.1- His chosen name is Francis in honor of St Francis of Assisi. What is so interesting about this name and it’s history is Saint Francis of Assisi, Italian San Francesco d’Assisi, baptized Giovanni, renamed Francesco, original name Francesco di Pietro ( PETER ) di Bernardone whom consequently enough Shortly before he died, St. Francis of Assisi called together his followers and warned them of the coming troubles, saying The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase.
2- He has an Italian Bloodline with both parents.
3- The name Jorge is is a Portuguese and Spanish given name, equivalent to English George. It is derived from the Greek (georgos), meaning “farmer.
4- His arrival is on 3-13-13 at 8:13pm – The number 13 represents rebellion, apostasy, defection, corruption, disintegration, revolution, or some kindred idea. Many Bible Scholars identify the False Prophet of Revelation 13 as a “Defective”Pope who will merge two major religions together under the guise of a “One World Religion”5- Comet Panstarrs is streaking thru the Heavens during this same time frame in which history points out the Comets and the warnings they signify to the World of coming Wars and Disasters.
6- Weeks before the resignation of Pope Benedict the 16th a dove which represents “Peace” upon the Earth was released and was attacked by a seagull. Many took this as a sign of pending Doom or distress that would take Peace from the Earth.
7- Benedict the 16th Officially resigns on the 11th of February making him the 6th Pope in history in 600 years.
I have compiled as much information as I have at this point and now it is up to you t draw your conclusion Is this the Last Pope?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.