There is a general consensus that Father’s day is the least celebrated of the significant calendar days. I find this painfully unfair because there are great fathers out there. I do however think it’s so challenging being a father because it means you are first a man, and with increase in women abuse and heart trouncing rape, it’s no surprise that even good men get punished for the collective.
I however decided to take initiative, be a Father’s day Fairy and give Father’s a heads up on positioning themselves for a great Father’s day. Below are 10 absolute must do’s this week to guarantee yourself a Father’s day to remember.
1. Do not complain about the love making schedule or lack of
2. Participate in dinner preparations without being asked
3. Use the laundry basket optimally, leave no dirty clothes lying around
4. Remember to put down the toilet seat
5. Clean the bath/ shower after use
6. Show interest in making the bed process
7. If someone needs to be home because the child is sick, offer to be the person
8. Honour family time, switch off the laptop or better leave it at work
9. Remember to complete all chores that were assigned to you without being exposed to intense begging or disengagement
10. Send her flowers at work, not because it’s your anniversary, not because it’s her birthday and definitely not because you are apologizing but because you just want to remind her how special she is
You will soon realize that this list is mother’s needs oriented, but happy mothers make happy children. Happy Father’s Day Gentlemen, Think like a Woman and Act Like a Man J.