It seems as though the endless posts about religion, creation, god and evolution will never cease on News24.
The rational people (because science is about rational thought, logic, exploration and discovery) try to explain ad nauseum why science changes and evolves.
The god squad refutes this with some old chestnut about faith, believing like a child, and not questioning.
Neither side will budge, and there's never one of these articles where some religidrone doesn't ask about the one area of evolutionary science they've come across that doesn't quite yet have a comprehensive answer.
So, in the interests of fairness, I will try to lower my standards, and put together some questions that take the same tactic - ignoring everything that the ancient, archaic books say, and asking about the few things they don't explain. So here goes.
1) With all the thousands of religions out there, each of which has at least one god, where do they all live and work? Is heaven a multi story office park, where all the deities get together to cut costs? Do they each get a cloud? What about their entourages - cos let's face it, these godly types tend to want to have hot and cold running assistants, what with demi gods, angels, cherubs, djinn and other celestial beings!
2) Where did god come from? Energy can never be created or destroyed, and one would assume that god, in his, her or it's omnipotence, would still be made out of energy (lord knows, all that smiting takes it out of you!) So what energy was it that formed the old holy one?
3) The same question about sin. Sins require energy, so what happens when you pray or flagellate - and your deity of choice takes it all away? Are they like pranic vampires, sucking the energy out of the world?
4) Why has no one come up with a drive through church arangement - you pull up to the window, hand over ten percent of your salary, get saved, and go on your merry way? Cos let's face it - there can't be many people out there who like the long boring sermons about things we've all heard over and over again. And the churches just want your money, so why are they not being more efficient about it.
5) Why do all religions require you to have blind faith? Is religion dedicated to keeping you stupid, or do they not want you to ask tough questions?
Quite frankly, I see people who claim that evolution is something that is unproven as the same type of people who will see an white elephant in their living room, but argue that because it's white, it can't be an elephant.
Some answers about why you're all dedicated to ignorance, and to ignoring proven scientific fact would be nice for a change.
The first person who mentions the word 'faith' gets a one way pass to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect your eternal salvation.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.