I used to be a very strong believer in the Bible and everything I was taught as a child growing up. I was the average person who was sent to Sunday school and attended church regularly and believed in all the things that went with Christianity and all the bells and whistles, but all though I "believed", it never made sense to me, but when I asked the questions I was told that "some things we are not meant to understand", so being the good follower like many others, I didn't ask questions, because questioning the all mighty will give you a one way ticket straight to hell, and no one wants that... All this changed about 4 months ago, I was introduced to a book that changedeverything for me, but I'm not going to go into the details of book because that is not what this piece is about, it is about a shift in believe, it is about living in the 21st century.
So the below scenario is my view of Christianity as it stands in most churches:
- You get placed on this earth against your will (I don't remember asking to be here)
- Depending on where you grow up, your religion will be dictated by your parents and the people in your direct community for most of your young years, and this is the first fundamental flaw in religion, 90% of people grow up in a certain religion, and they believe just as strong in that religion as anybody else, most of them will never have the chance to be introduced to the "correct God", they will there for be punished for not following him, and will be doomed to burn in hell for eternity. Although they are good people, they should burn.
- You get given a manual (The Bible) for your travels around this place, but the problem is that your manual is 2000+ years old, and has been chopped and changed so many times that no one is actually certain as to what the original idea was, so we as mankind created different views/interpretations, this lead to new religions, this in turn led to wars and hatred - the devil did this, it wasn't us.
- You get given free will to do as you please, but there are ten things you are not allowed to do. Doing any one of the ten things you are not allowed to do, will once again buy you a ticket to be tortured for eternity.
- You are born in sin - So the loving all mighty God that loves you no matter what, puts you on this earth with a ticket to hell in your back pocket, it is there for your own responsibility to get rid of this ticket. To add some fun to this game he has placed an evil being here with us to make sure that we don't lose our tickets. This evil being is hell bent on getting you to join him, and for some reason the all mighty God can't do anything about it. This tells me that the devil in this sense is Gods equal, for if he was not, WHAT IS THE DEVILS PURPOSE? This makes God look like an immature, attention seeking being.
- And this one is the kicker, the Bible tells us that nothing can separate us form Gods love, but apparently the devil can, unless of course God can condemn you to hell, but still love you as he watches you burn. If you are a pet owner, of lets say a dog, and you get home to find that he has chewed up your slipper, what will you do? Will you maybe scold him and send him outside and let him know he was a bad dog, after all he doesn't know any better, or will you fire the gas oven up and chuck him in there to burn not for ten minutes but for the rest of his natural life. Are we meant to believe that we as humans have more compassion then our loving God, does that sound reasonable?
- there are many more questions, but the above are the highlights I have come to believe that there is divine God, a God that is all around us, who speaks to us, who shows us, who loves us, for we are the greatest creation of all time. But this God does not condemn, neither does he judge, for, if he gave us free will and judged us for our actions, He has made a mistake. I further believe that the devil is a man made creation, a fairy tale, something that was used 2000+ years ago to scare the sh!t out of a "less intelligent" earth dweller. I believe it is time that we as humanity start to put 2 and 2 together, and to move forward.
Us being here is no coincidence, there IS method in this madness.
I know that you are asking "But what about the rapists, and murderers of this world, surely they need to be punished". You are asking this because we have been brought up this way, you are asking this because in our human culture we are taught that no bad deed goes unpunished, and because we punish our kind for doing wrong, God must do the same.
What if I told you that it doesn't work that way, that our understanding is completely skewd. But that is a piece on its own, I will gladly share these with you...depending on your comments below.
But I believe that our mind set will not change in our generation, our world is controlled by fear, everything we do, we do out of fear, you are at work today out of fear, because if you didn't work, you will not be able to pay your bills, if you are unemployed, you fear what others will think,
we fear the law
we fear religion
we fear the future
we fear each other
we fear our government
This is the tool that is being used on us, the tool that keeps us in place, the tool that ensures that we do whatever we are told to do, and this tool works like a charm.....
Enjoy the rest of your day.