Dear Daai Een,
Thank you for making your opinions know, but you know what they say: they are like arseholes, because everyone has one.
Here's my take on your little rant, as a young white South African:
1. If, every single day of your life someone who thinks that the world owes them something for nothing personally blames you for something that your (or someone else's) forefathers did, that's not paranoia. No one imagines that crap. It happens. Every day. Ad nauseum.
2. No one is offended when people demand minimum wages. But when illiterate mineworkers, who are essentially human spades demand more than people who have just got their degrees, and then murder or burn anyone who doesn't think that's fair, there's something wrong with the world. You earn what you're worth. It IS that simple.
3. The government, who is stealing from all of the taxpayers are the reason. NOT white people. Seriously, do you not think the tens of billions that have been 'misplaced' over the last twenty years could have made a teeny dent? Maybe all those unnecessary salaries for government officials? You do know that our civil 'service' is bigger than the US's, and we have a quarter of the people, right?
4. Cry me a river. When politicians are singing Dubul iBhunu and Umshiniwam, and blaming THEIR failures on people like me, I have the right to be offended.
5. Everyone knows crime is bad. How come of the approximately 50 murders per day, about 20 are white people? Surely that should be in line with demographics?
6. Genocides, tribal warfare, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, South Sudan. There's no need to harp on the white man's past evils when Africans are doing a great job all on their own, is there?
7. I don't, actually, feel responsibility that anyone has the right to vote. Or that they vote for idiots. Wasn't part of the apartheid support base, not part of the cANCer support base.
8. If there are laws based on racial discrimination, in any form, then yes, there is exclusion. Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't your mother teach you anything?
9. My language is not under attack. Yes. There are English speaking South Africans. Shocker.
10. Actually, I feel it's my responsibility to at least try to salvage South Africa from the deep dark pit of despair, poverty, death and starvation that the ANC will force it into if unchecked. Sue me.
All of these points apply to me, and many others. If you don't like it, then may I suggest you put your head between your knees and do summersaults until it goes dark?
Of course, blaming white people for everything that goes wrong in the world is FUN, but it doesn't achieve anything.
The white minority don't expect anything for nothing. They would like peace and safety though. I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you?
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.