I just finished reading Steve Jobs autobiography and what a long uninteresting story about a terrible person. In short they could have just said:
- Started Apple with Wozniak, stabbed him in the back.
- Created uncertainty on the Apple board, brought in Sculley, tried to use him.
- Had to resign from Apple and started NEXT and bought Pixar.
- Had success with Disney and Toy Story
- Got called back to Apple and used clever people to create brilliant closed environment products
- Got cancer, criticised all his competitors and died.
That’s about it, but what an evil guy. Without a question is the fact that he changed a lot a things in the digital world and I think a person like this only comes along once in a lifetime. He really showed what is humanly possible, but just as he motivated and inspired people, he also killed it in certain people and this to his closest friends and family.
All I have to say, is good for him, but Apple is on the down and those that have been criticised are on the way back. Google growing from strength to strength, Microsoft needs new CEO, Samsung is taking over the world with their hardware. To be seamlessly integrated you need to be flexible and not work in a closed environment.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.