AFRICA UNITE! MOVEMENT
We, the people of South Africa this day, December 6th,2013 on the passing of Nelson Mandela-”Our first president declare to all the world:
1. AFRICA SHALL BE FREE! AFRICA SHALL BE UNITED! AFRICA SHALL BE ONE NATION UNDER GOD!
2.We stand united against ALL bigotry, racism, prejudice and discrimination.
3.We, the people look to our founding fathers and their words and honour their struggle for independence and self determination. We hold true that all human beings irrespective of colour or creed should be protected by the law of this land.
4.We stand up for the blood of the martyrs of all Africans who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their love of this land. We hear their voices from the ground and we remember them. They will not be forgotten.
5.We believe our land is blessed with abundant resources and there is enough for everyone to share. Poverty and poverty mentality must be abolished! It must be made history. We stand together against greed, self interest, nepotism, cartels and corruption. There is no place for it in this age.
6. We, the people call upon our authorities to make schools free for all, hospitals free for all - public services and roads free for all- and housing free for all- No one needs to suffer from ignorance or die of poor medical care. No one needs to be homeless. We also call upon reforms of our prisons .The fundamentals of human life are not just a social right but a human one .
7. Africa Unite! stands by the Universal Declaration of Human rights- we believe that all should be responsible and accountable for violations of them. May all Africans know and practise their rights for the sake of justice and peace and joy. “ An insult to one is an injury to all!”
8. We, the people declare that Africa is for Africans and that there is a place for all under our common sun -irrespective of race, tribe or belief. We hold true that our economy must be based on a meritocracy; that all forms of apartheid must cease immediately ! We call upon all those in the Diaspora to return to Africa, your home and build it into what it should be. Prosperous, Independent and fair for all!
9. We hold true that the elderly, the sick ,the weak, the vulnerable ,the outcast and the stranger should be afforded all the care and help necessary to give them dignity, integrity and self respect which is the basis of human life.
10. South Africa, our Rainbow Nation will protect and speak up for all minorities and promote peace and stability for all Africa and be a beacon of light for all humanity. Let Freedom and Unity reign forever!
May God always Bless and Keep Africa!
Mayibuye !Amen. AFRICA UNITE!
To know how you can be part of this movement please email email@example.com
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.