Over the past few months there were many articles about Christianity/God and atheism. In general the atheist does not believe in a spiritual life hereafter because there is no God and no heaven, no devil and no hell. Many facts were dug up by both sides. Not any of the sides making any progress in convincing each other. For the atheist Science is everything and they do not see a Godly intervention in there. In short it was insults over and across, just trying to see if you can get the better of the opponent so to speak. Very few tried to just put up a nice debate with the objective to maybe learn something or understand the other. (Having said that, there were few). As a dedicated Christian I am even more convinced of Gods existence after all the arguments, though some of the atheist made a few very good points to consider. The ones that really tried to debate the issue instead if insulting and talking just plain crap.
So as to explain my title. What distinguish a human from an animal, besides looking different; well let’s just say in some cases different. I have seen humans looking very much like apes and baboons and vice versa J. But the one thing that does distinguish a human from and animal is the absence of a soul in animals. Animals basically are according to all scientists, have no soul. When they die, they seize to exist in any way. The chemicals of their bodies return to earth and their energy are being converted to another form, be it a plant or heat etc.
So what have I detect and learned these last few months of reading the articles and comments between atheists and religious people. Before the insults begin all over again, this is just my view point and the way I see it. So pls do not be offended.
· Very few really know what Christianity and God is all about? More so from the atheist side, which some can quote the entire Bible for you, but has clearly not thought about it and investigated the vastness of God. It’s just shouts of why this why that. Why not heal an amputees leg, why so much sin, why so much crime etc etc. Well no one knows.
· Yesterday one of the atheists was going on about love and orgies, comparing it to God’s love for us. Another kept on quoting names of people who basically did sinful things and is now being used as a reason to discredit Gods and Christianity
· Atheist sees themselves as enlightened, freethinking, wise, and not indoctrinated and so on. People who have thought everything through and have investigated all angles and came to the conclusion God does not exist. Some of them are really very very sure God does not exist
· For me the some of the “best” arguments for the Non Existence of God are… I prayed and nothing happened. I saw this or that. Why does God allow it. Etc etc.
· Oh yes, atheists have grown up and is mature for they do not believe in fairy tales anymore and they read the bible for a laugh
Now let me try and put it perspective for myself
· As Christian I have a soul which will go somewhere one day when I move on to Happy Hunting Ground in the sky (heaven for those who does not understand). Atheist die and rot .. end of line.. end of story. Like animals.
· I believe in a fairy tale (in this case God and Christianity) that give me purpose in life, that inspire me to keep doing better and become a better human being all the time. Does not mean I do not sin and do wrong things. Atheist are being driven by their own egos and self-importance.. for there is definitely no spiritual cause that drive them. Spiritual is for the stupid, uniformed, the blinded, the indoctrinated, the ones that believe in fairy tales. The wise and mature die and rot like animals??? Unbelievable. I pick the fairy tale any day above the wise and mature thank you.
· I tried to put myself in the shoes of the atheist and realize that not having a higher purpose and a promise of an afterlife creates the feeling of hopelessness in me. Nothing to live for. Not really any ambition to grow and better myself on a spiritual level. No purpose at all except to get through the next day, beer or whatever it is that tickles the fancy. Live to eat, sleep and breed. Like animals.
· I have found that science could not be without God, for He has created it all. The more I argued and thought about it the more convinced I became. I used the example of a DNA string, which is probably the most advanced piece of software (Computer language should there be a misunderstanding) in existence. And the atheist wants to tell me it just happened. Take into account the size of the universes out there and we claim we are wise and understand all. Not closely
None of us will have all the answers and will never have them. We are too small to puny and to week. (Sorry to burst your bubble if you feel offended)
I rather believe the “fairy tale” with total conviction than be a” hopeless animal” waiting to die so I can rot.
And yes now every Atheist will insult which is expected (typical atheist), for how many times have I heard … typical Christian or the latest is Xtian (hahahahaha) – Really ;-)
Well in Short to the human shaped animals between us Xtians ;-) .. God loves you as much as he loves me and other Christians, and He will continue loving you no matter what, waiting for your acceptance of him and to become a human. Unless, as we say in Afrikaans.. As jy God vervloek.. Take my word. That is pretty serious.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.