It is time to be strong daring and bold but above all be different from all the current means of raising tax income. None of the present methods work anywhere in the world.
1) Do away with all paye tax. The poor never pay the medium class pay through the nose and the rich pay a fraction of what they should by using tax loopholes clever financial accountants.... It is not equal or fair.
2) The only tax should be a consumer tax. Pay as you buy.. Vat is the answer.
3) if your income is low or non existant you will only buy low cost products. These products should be VAT FREE.This should not only apply to food but anything that is made locally cheap like clothing. etc.If it is imported the appropriate Vat should be charged.
4) as your income increases the desire is their to buy more expensive items. The Vat should increase in proportion.
5) The vat can never be justified to be the same percentage of a person buying a cheap car as opposed to buying a super top of the range Merc or Ferrari. The same applies to houses and properties.
6) it is not difficult to work out Vat rates for important designer clothing or high fashioned jewelry or fancy home decoration as to basic items such as low cost furniture.
7) all current full tax avoiders will be caught in the net unless you are a bit loose in the head. Show me a millionaire who will buy a R 50000.00 car or a cheap RDP house. No he want a R 4000000.00 house or more. Well a 50% vat should good.
8) this will redistribute wealth to us all.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.