Today I would like to highlight the failures of Tina Joemat-Pettersson and how it boggles my mind that this person is still in government.
She is the perfect example out of many candidates that proves that no one in the ANC is accountable for anything they do or not do as minister of Agriculture. She is the perfect example of denial and taking no responsibility for her actions of taking our agricultural sector from crisis to crisis.
She is irresponsible in everything she does in her sector, I get the Idea that she is in way over her head and is literally doing her job blindfolded, there is no other way to describe her performance.
Lets look at some of her failures as minister:
Any one of the 6 points mentioned above qualifies for immediate dismissal from Government, but not under ANC rule. Slap on the wrist is as heavy as it gets for any wrong doing when you work for the ANC. This is where the problem comes. They can start another hundred boards of inquiries into corruption, it simply wont end under ANC rule, it is so deeply instilled, that I honestly believe it will never end. It will end when the ANC loses power, that is fact, Corruption, incompetence , cronyism, nepotism all go hand in hand with the structures of the African National Congress.
- The poor management of the Ncera farm projects, which have almost collapsed after R34 million was invested into the ventures.
- The failure to appear before Parliament to account for her Department. Minister Joemat-Pettersson has appeared in Parliament twice this year, twice, is this a joke?
- The failure to release the crucial OIE Report on the status of animal health in South Africa. Meat and poultry export bans have not been lifted as a result.
- The unauthorised funding of the Black Association of the Wine and Spirit Industry (BAWSI), which received R4 million. BAWSI was responsible for fuelling the violent farm worker strikes last year.
- The politically motivated distribution of food parcels during worker strikes, to the tune of R10 million.
- The subsequent failure to secure credible management of the vessel fleet, which is, to date still not fit for sea.
- The unlawful awarding of the R800 million vessel contract to Sekunjalo
Agriculture has taken a knock under her leadership and South Africa cannot afford to continue on this downward spiral.
If the Emperor of Nkandla had any dignity and integrity, he would relieve this useless incompetent thief from her position and replace her with someone who knows what they doing but that is like asking for world peace, not going to happen.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.